Hidden Journaling

Guest scrappyscientist

Guest scrappyscientist
Hi everyone-
I was wondering if there was a way to do hidden journaling for things you would rather the casual visitor didn't read. Do you just leave a spot for it and do it after you print, or are there other options? Anyone have suggestions? -Alison

There's been a couple of digital layouts I've done where I've pretty much hidden the journaling. Sometimes after printing I'll use a crafting knife to cut a slit at the top or side of a photo or journaling block and make it to where there's more journaling that will slide in and out.
As far as hiding the journaling for posting it or something like that, usually I just leave the journaling there or I'll add more journaling on a second layout and just not post the second layout. While I love journaling I don't mind sharing a lot of my life with others as far as my life and digital layouts go, but there are a couple of layouts that the journaling is not only from deeper in the heart but what I think I should keep a bit more personal. Hope this helps a bit but hopefully someone else can add some other ideas for you as well.

I did a layout with photo of my daughter's friends that I thought best not to share with the world. I created one layout to post and one to print. Another time I did a layout with some names in it. Again I created a layout (without the names) for post and one for print (with the names listed).

Sometimes there are things that might want to be kept private.

Guest Ursula
Another idea is to create the journaling and post it but with a blur so that the element of the text is still there but without the words being legible.

Archived