Northeast (Mad) Meetup -Details

Okay, I'm done, reservations made. We are set. Yes, it's in LEWISBURG PA. Beautiful historical town, very camera friendly. So here are the details:

April 23rd and April 24th

Best western Country Cupboard Inn

7701 West Branch Highway

Lewisburg PA 17837

570-524-5500

www.countrycupboardinc.com

6 rooms left on reserve under Scrap Girls or Julie Enriquez - King size bed with Sofa bed. Cost including tax $138.00 per night. Rooms are only reserved till March 30th. Right now there are no more rooms, but more might become available in a few weeks. There are rooms available right next door at the Comfort Inn if we need more rooms, but I'm estimating on the eight that we have. I already booked mine and I know that Sarah has already called too.

Meeting room is $300.00 for Friday and Saturday ($150.00 per day). Now that will be split by whom is there Friday and Saturday. If you are not there Friday, you will only have to put your portion of the room for Saturday, meaning the $150.00 for Saturday.

Food is not allowed in the room, but they do offer options for us. We can have a buffet or luncheon meal for $12.00 per person brought in by them. Not bad, as we would spend that if we went out to eat. Or we can go out on our own. Or we don't need to eat LOL. They are sending me more info on that later when their email is working again.

Friday meeting room from 1-8

Saturday meeting room from 10-8

We have a projector that Sarah I think is bringing and we are planning on doing some classes. These classes are being done by follow members, and it is NOT an SG event class. I just thought it would be nice to have planned activity as well as fun scrapping time.

So hurry up and get those rooms. I'm so looking forward to this.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Julie for taking care of this for us. As you said, I've already called and have our room reservation. Carla, so glad you are considering coming too! I hope you can make it.

Having the room from 1 - 8 on Friday could very well make this a 2 day meetup or at least 1 1/2 days - especially if enough of us can leave early on Friday to get there by 1:00 or 2:00. I think that would be doable for us.

Make your plans early, this will be a fun weekend.

Okay, I'm done, reservations made. We are set. Yes, it's in LEWISBURG PA. Beautiful historical town, very camera friendly. So here are the details:

April 23rd and April 24th

Best western Country Cupboard Inn

7701 West Branch Highway

Lewisburg PA 17837

570-524-5500

www.countrycupboardinc.com

WOOHOOOO!! I cannot wait!

Lewisburg is only about 20 minutes from me, so I may only be staying overnight(s) if someone needs a roomie to help split the cost. I'll just tell DH it's an early birthday present to myself. ;)

I've booked a room! I'm so excited. :D This is the longest I have gone away by myself since before I had children.

I'm only staying Saturday night, but I'm open to sharing the room if someone wants to join me. PM me if interested.

Julie, thank you so much for organizing this! Lots of legwork involved, I know, and I appreciate it! I have company here for that weekend but plan to be there anyway and can't wait! Also, it is sweet of you to hold it 20 minutes from me and Becca- LOL!

If it makes a difference to anyone, Country Cupboard includes a great breakfast in the hotel costs. It's a beautiful hotel. The adjoining restaurant and large shop are wonderful. My sister actually vacations there every year. As Julie mentioned, Lewisburg is a beautiful town for photography. It's Victorian themed and should be very pretty in April. It's a very short drive from Country Cupboard and is basically closed down on Sunday, so that would be ideal for pictures. The campus of Bucknell University is also very beautiful. Downtown Lewisburg is hosting their annual Arts Festival on Saturday from 10-5. It's a pretty typical PA arts and crafts festival- food vendors and lots of juried booths. ( I would rather be scrapping, though!)

Yay! This will be fun! Thanks again, Julie!

Yea Julie - so excited. Reservation made. Margot and I will be there with bells on or at least our computers on our back!

It all sounds beautiful. Will we give this hotel the "white sock" test? Again, thanks Julie. Will give you a big hug when I see you. Shuffling off now. :party-smiley-048::2468who-do-we-appreciate::having-a-party::gathering:

I just reserved my room, so there is 3 left right now!! I am so excited about this!! I can't wait!! By then I should be feeling alot better too! I'm staying both nights.

Thank you Julie for all the work you have done!! It's about 2 1/2 hours from me, depending on traffic.

I've booked a room! I'm so excited. :D This is the longest I have gone away by myself since before I had children.

I'm only staying Saturday night, but I'm open to sharing the room if someone wants to join me. PM me if interested.

Hi Michelle,

Looking forward to meeting you. We had a wonderful time last year and made many new friends.

Julie, thank you so much for organizing this! Lots of legwork involved, I know, and I appreciate it! I have company here for that weekend but plan to be there anyway and can't wait! Also, it is sweet of you to hold it 20 minutes from me and Becca- LOL!

If it makes a difference to anyone, Country Cupboard includes a great breakfast in the hotel costs. It's a beautiful hotel. The adjoining restaurant and large shop is wonderful. My sister actually vacations there every year. As Julie mentioned, Lewisburg is a beautiful town for photography. It's Victorian themed and should be very pretty in April. It's a very short drive from Country Cupboard and is basically closed down on Sunday, so that would be ideal for pictures. The campus of Bucknell University is also very beautiful. Downtown Lewisburg is hosting their annual Arts Festival on Saturday from 10-5. It's a pretty typical PA arts and crafts festival- food vendors and lots of juried booths. ( I would rather be scrapping, though!)

Yay! This will be fun! Thanks again, Julie!

Hi Dot,

Looking forward to meeting you. We have a great time last year and made many new friends.

Probably can't make this was hoping for the date in may I am already doing a retreat the following weekend! Maybe next time I will get to meet you lovely ladies, have fun, not like I really have to say that LOL!

Sorry you can't make it. Was looking forward to meeting you. Maybe next year.

Thanks Julie for taking care of this for us. As you said, I've already called and have our room reservation. Carla, so glad you are considering coming too! I hope you can make it.

Having the room from 1 - 8 on Friday could very well make this a 2 day meetup or at least 1 1/2 days - especially if enough of us can leave early on Friday to get there by 1:00 or 2:00. I think that would be doable for us.

Make your plans early, this will be a fun weekend.

Hi Sarah,

Looking forward to seeing you and hubby again. Sounds like a great weekend. Margot and I will definately be there early on Friday so hope our two day scrap works out. It will be great to have the extra day all together. :gathering::waving-hi::ola:

I just reserved my room, so there is 3 left right now!! I am so excited about this!! I can't wait!! By then I should be feeling alot better too! I'm staying both nights.

Thank you Julie for all the work you have done!! It's about 2 1/2 hours from me, depending on traffic.

Hi Di,

So glad you are planning to come and you will be doing better. Sounds like a great two day outing. Looking forward to seeing you again. :dancingelephant::having-a-party:

I really wish this was on Sat.and Sun.

There won't be anyone home for the kids or the dog on fri.

I am still thinking about it. I would need to fly in and I would probably need a room mate.

It would be so fun to hang out with some scrapgirls.

I really wish this was on Sat.and Sun.

There won't be anyone home for the kids or the dog on fri.

I am still thinking about it. I would need to fly in and I would probably need a room mate.

It would be so fun to hang out with some scrapgirls.

Hi Shelby,

Hope you can make it. It would be great to meet you. :gathering:

Archived