Northeast (Mad) Meetup -Details

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the idea of eating in the room for lunch, but the buffet at Country Cupboard is not to be missed. Maybe we can squeeze in both somehow?

Becca - I'm with you! I'd hate to miss the buffet!

Aren't we going to have lunch at the County Cupboard on Friday before we begin scrapping? I mean if we get there in time. We've got so many options here, I'm getting dizzy ;-)

So having lunch in the room on Saturday will be fine with me.

What time is check in on Friday? I'm just curious. If you all are planning to go to the buffet lunch on Friday, let me know what time and I'll try to get there in time to join you. The way you all rave about the buffet, I don't want to miss out!!

We will probably leave around 6am! Definitely buffet lunch and then check in. Can we have drinks -coffee, water etc in the room while we are scrapping?

Have the map & directions printed out! You think we were leaving this Friday. Probably by April I won't be able to find the map and will have to print again! lol

Coffee is extra. $1.99 per person. That was the only down side to having it here rather than Harrisburg, but the area is nice and the ride is easier for most.

I didn't do the coffee option although we could. I figures we can always walk to a DD or starbucks and get coffee if we wanted to.

Karina you crack me up. Added to your count. Just buy a ticket and come visit us, wouldn't that be great.

Julie, I'm on my 3rd move in 6 months, with another one (AND a cross country DRIVE) at the end of this month...to a hotel until we find a house....so I'm afraid traveling is the LAST thing I want to do! LOL I will go down to my hotel's conference room on that day, sneak in and scrap in there while we PM on the boards (assuming you'll have internet) - it will be like conference call scrapping! ;)

The way we are texting you would think our time together was next week. I love it :2468who-do-we-appreciate: . Are we excited or what! :dancingelephant: Maybe we all need to get out more often. :having-a-party: I keep forgetting that it is over a month away. :disappearing-smilie: I started planning already.

For 1.99 a person I don't think we need coffee in the room. I would rather put the money toward the lunches. By the time we pay for the conference room etc. we could probably get along without the coffee. How do the rest of you feel. If most want it then I will go along. :gathering:

Just tried to PM you Michele, but your box is probably full. Did you PM Lei, if she is on the fence about coming, maybe you can swing her with offering to room and reduce the costs. Also I thought at one time Libby was thinking about coming maybe PM her.

I'm sorry I don't know Lei or Libby. Screennames? Or they can PM me if they're interested in sharing a room. I have deleted my PMs, so there's room again.

As for coffee, I never drink it.

I feel like I'm missing out by not arriving Friday. I really can't though. Maybe I can get Country Cupboard for dinner Saturday or breakfast Sunday.

Michele,

Lei's screen name is Bride and I think the Libby Julie is refering to is Heather, screen name libbysmommy.

I wish you could come on Friday too. If you could, you'd be welcome to come to our house here in Fairfax and then ride on up to Lewisburg with us.

I didn't do the coffee option although we could. I figures we can always walk to a DD or starbucks and get coffee if we wanted to.

:rofl: Starbucks in Lewisburg? Um no. Small towns haven't caught up with mainstream America just yet.

But there is a Dunkin' Donuts a short drive away. And Sheetz (the gas station/convenience store) has a pretty decent coffee shop, too.

Ladies there is the coffee machine right in the "dining room/hall/ where breakfast is served! I will pay 2 bucks to go get coffee somewhere not a biggie

:rofl: Starbucks in Lewisburg? Um no. Small towns haven't caught up with mainstream America just yet. But there is a Dunkin' Donuts a short drive away. And Sheetz (the gas station/convenience store) has a pretty decent coffee shop, too.

That's too funny! I think I'm falling in love with Lewisburg already!! I'm not a coffee drinker, so it doesn't matter to me. I'm very excited about this trip! I love to travel and I've never been to a crop before! I can't wait!!

Ok, just wanted to let you all know that I am still considering the drive to see you all. It would be so much fun to meet and play with you all. But I still have a few things to work out. If I come, my DH will come. He doesn't like the idea of me driving 6 hours by myself and he doesn't want to be with three little ones all weekend (my youngest is 11 months, so it will be a challenge). Plus, he loves road trips. So if I come, he is coming which means the kids are coming. So that just jacked up my cost. DH wants me to come and is all for it. He said he will make it happen, but I am still wondering HOW we will make it happen. I don't want my kids to be bored while mommy is having fun. What fun things are there for the kids to Lewisburg? or near by? We would most likely stay at a cheaper hotel, if we can find a decent one. How late are you playing the festivities to go on Saturday?

Still not sure if we can swing it. But I'd hate to miss out on all the fun. Might have to wait till next year when my baby is a little older and DH feels a little more confident with 3 kids. :)

Anyway, I'm still toying around with ideas. Any VA people up for carpool?

Archived