Anyone With A Pentax K-X?

enjoyingtheartofit

Google it!! personally it would have to be a killer great!!! price for me to give up the batteries in my canon. 10 bucks for 2 takes a hour max to charge and seems to last forever. I have a entry xsi and absolutely love it and it's versatility.google xsi too LOL go to my absolutely favorite electronices store EBAY and check out how cheep they are now that the T1i came out. killer prices for a dslr I have seen them as low as 470 bucks brand spanking new in box from Canon for that price on ebay.

Best of luck

We have the K20D and absolutely love it. Got in to Pentax when father-in-law gave us his old manual-focus-only film camera around 1999. We soon purchased a used auto-focus film camera. When Pentax came out with their first DSLR we jumped on that bandwagon as well, then moved on to the K20D this fall. We have so many lenses for it now there's no real way we could ever switch to Canon or Nikon. I don't think ours can run on AA's (unless you can buy a separate battery pack that screws onto the bottom of the camera), but the life of the rechargeable special battery that came with it is excellent, even if we use the on-camera flash a lot.

I think it's ok to post this site here: dpreview.com has some of the most in-depth reviews of any site for cameras. If you don't want to wade through a bunch of mumbo-jumbo just skip to the conclusions page on the camera you are interested in.

I'm glad to see this thread. Our first film SLR was a Pentax and when it gave up the ghost we got another Pentax. I never bought any lenses for it so that won't stop me from buying something else if I want, but I've really liked the Pentax film cameras. It's something I'm going to consider when I have money to buy a DSLR.

Ah Pentax! Cut my photography teeth on a Pentax K1000 film camera. Oh how the days have flown by...... :oops:

Sorry, back to reality. :runningdog:

Shiela, the Pentax brand is a good brand and I dont think you'd be dissapointed at all. As you see from the thread, many people have come across them at some time or other in their photographic hobby.

Their films cameras were sturdy and strong. Unfortunately, their forays into digital are fairly new when compared to the likes of Nikon and Canon. However, I know a few people who have Pentax digital cameras and I have heard very favourable reports.

Can't comment on the battery though, sorry. As a guide to price, the Pentax K-X fetches about £499 here with an 18-55mm lens (about $750 US at time of writing), so I would think it falls into the same class as the Canon 450d (Rebel/Xti?) or the low end Nikons.

Hope this helps!

Thanks all for the opinions written here. I went out and purchased the Pentax K-X yesterday. My local camera store was able to beat any price I found on the net anywhere in Canada and I was able to pick it up for $629.00! The other thing for those that are interested in trends is that this camera comes in red, white, navy, or black. I stuck with the black in this case, but was sure tempted!

I decided I would go with it because I really liked the idea of the stabilization being in the body of the camera rather than in the lenses, which Canon and Nikon have. The research shows that both stabilization methods work, but lenses for the Pentax will be cheaper because I don't have to pay for it again and again each time I buy a lens. ANother reason is because Pentax is the only company that allowed for any lens they built in the past (even going back 60 years) to fit on their cameras, so I can find Pentax lenses all over the place. The batteries? Well I let everyone know how the camera performs in that department. So, off to play now and see what results occur...

Archived