Organization And Templates

MiaYB

I am in the process of organizing my scrapbooking supplies by Ro's method and I've gotten to my templates folder now and I'm wondering how I tell the difference between wether something is a template or not? I hope that makes sense. I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Mia

templates are for the alot of the part grey black and some white with layers they come in psd png or tiff format they do not look like a paper pack or elementpack so to speak and I hope I helped

BTW I keep all templates for layouts in 1 folder it's name says scrapping templates inside each template has it own folder with the approiate name who designed it.

templates are for the alot of the part grey black and some white with layers they come in psd png or tiff format they do not look like a paper pack or elementpack so to speak and I hope I helped

BTW I keep all templates for layouts in 1 folder it's name says scrapping templates inside each template has it own folder with the approiate name who designed it.

Thanks for your response and I see what you are saying somewhat, but for example in my embellishments folder I have a sub-folder in there that has frames, and then when I get to my template folder (which is not yet organized I have a frame that is colored red, then a calendar page with a place for a photo (are these considered templates are just frames?) and then a third one I'm for sure is a template because it is black, and what about overlays, where do they fall in?

Thanks for all your help, sorry to ask so many questions, just trying to get all organized so I can really get into doing some digital scrapbooking :)

I was going to attach them so you could see what I was talking about but I couldn't get it to attach them

Thanks Again!

Mia, a frame is a pretty straightforward shape. I would call the calendar page a template.

Templates are more solid pages with holes where you put the pictures. What you will sometimes get with a template is a bunch of pieces that fit together, like a puzzle, then, next to that, there may be an example of the template with all the pieces put together on one page, like the cover of a jigsaw puzzle. The example will be a .jpeg or .png file. I also have one template that's a file with a .psd exension that, in some software, will load all the pieces at once, as separate layers, when you open it.

I hope this helps.

I would just add, Mia, that sometimes you just have to put things where they make sense for YOU and where you'll be able to find them later ;)....there are going to be some things that could be categorized as more than one thing....I have that issue sometimes. I just put it where it makes sense for me and sometimes I wind up changing it later.

Good luck!

I would just add, Mia, that sometimes you just have to put things where they make sense for YOU and where you'll be able to find them later ;)....there are going to be some things that could be categorized as more than one thing....I have that issue sometimes. I just put it where it makes sense for me and sometimes I wind up changing it later.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone. That helps me understand it better. So really all frames should go in the embellishment folder since it's not really a template? I'm amazed at how much stuff I have when doing this organizing but it's really cool to see all the different things in order. :)

Not sure how much space you have, either; but I also sometimes put copies of the same thing in more than one category...just helps me find it. For example, I have a Christmas folder, but some of those items can be more "generic" so I might put them in the other categories as well.

You'll figure it out as you start scrapping! I also use the search option on Vista that helps me find things by color, collection, etc. I have noticed, however, that some designers might only put "Bl" for blue or "Pnk" for pink, so I've gone in and renamed those files so I can find more in Vista search.

Have fun!

Archived