Windows 7 - Is There A Photo Gallery For Organizing?

naninca

We just upgraded our desktop from XP to Win7. I have Vista on my laptop, and organize all my scrap stuff in Windows Photo Gallery. I can't see a similar program on Win7. It's probably called something different. Can anyone point me in the right direction? And, will I have to re-label all my stuff? EEEK, that's a scary thought!

TIA,

Nancy

If you go to Microsoft's website, you should be able to download Windows Live Photo Gallery for free. For whatever reason, it wasn't packaged with Win7.

So it's downloaded, and all my stash has been moved onto the new puter. But, only SOME of my tags came along (odd).

Any idea how to get my things labeled and filed without manually doing EACH AND EVERY ONE? Gasp.

Nancy

Nanica, I don't think PNG files keep their tags. This is very depressing, especially when one has zillions of PNG files, but I am not sure if there is a solution at this time...*sigh*

Well, I fiddled with my settings, and many of the items showed up, but not all. Mostly pngs. So, I guess I have some organizing to do. I may hold off for now, and just do my scrapping on my laptop, and have the desktop for a backup, and other uses. I did all my laptop organizing hanging out with the family watching TV. Can't do that with the desktop...

Thanks for your help, ladies :happy-sun:

Nancy

Archived