Scrapping For Someone Else

Guest ingi

hi - not sure if this is in the right forum but have a question for those in the know. i have been digi scrapping for about 8 months now - did 2 albums at chrissie time for family - the thing is that quite a few people have seen these albums and are now asking me if i would do one for them - a client of mine wants one done for his wife as a present - and he asked me how much i charge - i told him i would get back to him - what do i say - i have no idea - is there a going rate - how do i work it out - some layouts take an hour others 10 - and what about copyright on the kits that i use??? help please - thanking everyone in advance - ingrid

Well, there's a couple of things to think about when figuring out your rate. First, basically you need to decide how much you want to make an hour. You will base this on how long it takes you to complete a LO, what price you think your market can bear, how complicated or simple your layouts are. You then need to think about the materials you are using in your layout, as well as any overhead costs you will include, such as electricity, wear and tear on your tools. If you are going to run this as a real business, these are all the types of things that go into your cost.

Now, if you are doing this digi, you have to be aware of copyright restrictions. For the most part, you will not be able to use papers and elements created by designers. Most designers only allow personal use of their products, not for-profit use. However, the ScrapSimple products that we sell here at Scrap Girls can be used for this purpose, if you buy the commercial licensed copy of the product. Those were created specifically for this type of situation.

I hope this helps a bit. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Archived