Pse 3 Or 4?

Guest pepa

Hello from down under!

Im very, very new to digital scrapbooking. Im currently using PSE 3, and have done about 10 layouts, but im not that happy with them (I think I lack the creativity....). I want to purchase the Scrap Girls 'Software Secrets Revealed' (to learn how to get creative) - but im unsure if I should learn all the tricks of the trade on my current PSE 3, or is it worth upgrading to PSE4??

Help?

Pepa
xxxx

I'm currently using PSE3 and only briefly considered upgrading. I'm planning on staying with 3. This decision was made after reading some of the comments by other members here about 4. It isn't that 4 isn't a great product, it has some cool features, but some of the ladies here have commented that it isn't as powerful as 3.

I've found that as I learn new features of the software, my creativity increases. You might want to just get the "revealed" for 3 and maximize your ability to use 3 before you consider upgrading.

Good luck with your decision.

Hey girls - thanks so much for your answers.

Just 1 other question, if I get the 'revealed' for PSE 3, and I do upgrade to 4, will most of the functions be the same (maybe Ro can answer this one?)

We're in the middle of a cold winter down in Oz - bbbrrrrrrr! :fruit:

Pepa
xxxx

Guest Cropnpix
Whoa Pepa! A cold winter? I forget that your weather there is opposite of ours. It's 105 in North Texas today. How do you like that? LOL

PSE 3 is different than 4, but it is not so wildly different that you would likely get confused beyond belief. However you will noticed immediately that they have changed some major things.

My opinion? If you have PSE3, stick with it. If you don't have elements at all, PSE 4 is perfectly fine and you should feel good about buying it.

Thanks for your help Ro - you'll see my order coming thru soon for the Revealed download!

Cheers,

Pepa
xxxx

Guest Ursula
I have no intention of upgrading to 4. I use three and it is wonderful and so powerful. If I were to upgrade, it'd be to the real macoy, CS@ (don't see that happening to soon, LOL)

Archived