If You Can Help I'd Appreciate It!

Jenna

So I plugged it in & it shows that it has power - I got a new pen for it so that shouldn't be a problem - I downloaded the most recent driver for my model. But nothing - is there something special I am supposed to do? I have this thing I have wanted for years, have been so stoked about getting it, & I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. :(

I got it on ebay, which I know isn't always great, but the guy's feedback is great & I am going to contact him if I can't figure it out with your help.

Hmmm...not sure what to tell you. Maybe you need to reboot your system?

One tip I will give you (this is what I thought your question was going to be when I read the title); don't look at your tablet when you use it with the pen - look at the monitor. The surface of your tablet mimics the monitor; if you put your pen in the center of your tablet it will go to the center of your monitor. If you put it near the top right corner, it will be there, get it? I had a hard time with this until my brother told me to look at the monitor and where the cursor was instead of trying to use the tablet as a "mouse pad".

Clear as mud? ;)

Yeah - the problem I seem to be having is that it doesn't move the cursor at all - not sure if I have to do something to sync the pen with the tablet (the tablet was without a pen - I bought a new one specifically for the intuos2). Anyway, I have restarted the computer twice & nada. :( I am hoping it didn't get damaged in shipping, but no idea if the pen is bad, or the tablet - or operator error... It does show the orange light which I assume means it's powering on fine.

There should be tutorial software on the cd, which might help. If you bought a pen for Intuous and bought Intuous, then they should work together. I don't know enough about them to offer any more, except does it have a battery? If so, is it any good?

I could get my bamboo pen to work on the tutorial but could't get it to work in the program. Has to be something that I'm doing, or not doing. lol

I figured it out last night - the seller listed the model of the tablet wrong (I finally looked at the back & realized that it's an Intuos, not an Intuos2). That means that the pen for the Intuos2 won't work for it so I have to see if I can work with the seller of the pen to get a refund or an exchange for one that will work for the Intuos if they carry that one. Grrrr - the seller of the tablet did refund part of my purchase price for the trouble his mistake caused, which means that once I get the right pen I will only have spent $15 on the tablet itself. Still a pain. LOL

Thanks Amanda.

Heather, no - they were discontinued a year ago apparently & I can't find any in any of the online stores or anything. Even Wacom doesn't have them anymore - the tech there suggested I try ebay or amazon. There are 2 on ebay right now, if I get outbid (or if it gets ridiculous for outdated equipment) I don't know what I will do. The seller of the tablet did say he'd do a full refund if I can't get a pen, but I hate to have to hassle with shipping & all that - if I can get a pen I think it's a great deal. If not, well, I'll be out the shipping on the tablet & the pen + be back at square 1, hunting a new tablet. Ugh. This too shall pass.

That's terrible! I'm so sorry. I think Intuos has number 4 out now, but you wouldn't think they would discontinue pens for the earlier models. I will have to check on the bamboo and see what kind of service they provide, which I expect would be the same because it's the same company that makes them. It would be good to get extra supplies now, if they only stock for newer products.

I guess it's true that, a sale is only a sale, if you can use the product. I know that it's very disappointing, but if it were me, I would get my money back and pay a little more for a newer model. The newer model will have upgrades that the older one doesn't and you'll be able to get extra pens and nibs for a while.

Okay, so I don't know that much about them yet, either, but I do remember reading about replacement parts, so that's why I mentioned it. I know that there are extra nibs (or whatever they're called with my bamboo) Read information on the Intuous and Bamboo, then watch for sales.

Let me know what you are going to do. I quite often am surfing the net and will let you know if I see anything, if you decided to get a new Intuous or Bamboo.

I went with the Bamboo, because it was half the price of the Intuous and is made for fun, while the Intuous is made more for professionals. I figure, I'll learn it and play with it for a while and if I love it, then I'll upgrade to an Intuous at some point.

I wish you the best, in whatever you choose to do. :-)

Thanks, Heatheranne - Ro said I could post here to see if anyone has a pen for an intuos that they don't need anymore. I am still watching a couple of pens on ebay. If they don't pan out I will send it back to the seller - I'd rather be out the shipping than out the whole thing. I already told him yesterday that I never would have bid if I'd known it was an Intuos & not an Intuos2. I did do some research before bidding & while I didn't know that they had completely discontinued the supplies for the Intuos, I did see that accessories were hard to find & there is still a lot out there for the 2, so my first choice was the 3 (I know I can't afford the 4 right now), but 2 was a good second, which is what I was supposed to have won. He agreed that it was his fault & I bid in good faith so that's where I am right now. LOL I'll keep you posted & yes, please, if you see a pen for the Intuos let me know. :)

That was really sweet of Ro and I hope you can find what you are looking for. I thought that you had posted that you got the Intuous 2 - oh well, that's my memory for you. lol No wonder you are having such a hard time finding one. I'm happy that the guy is so understanding and agree that being out the shipping is better, than being out the item price. So, I will watch for a pen for the Intuous. :-)

Heatheranne - you aren't crazy! It was SUPPOSED to be an Intuos2! The guy listed it wrong - I figured it out when I checked the back for the model # when I was on the Wacom site & noticed that the Intuos2 had (XD) behind it & the Intuos had (GD) at the start of the model # - I looked again at mine & sure enough the model # started with GD, not XD.

Hope so too, Shannon - just gotta keep hoping. The only 2 pens on ebay for the Intuos right now are up to $31. :( If it goes much higher I won't bid = can't see paying brand new pen price for something that has a limited life & is already coming to me used. LOL

Archived