Is It Possible To See My Psd Layout Thumbnails In Vista?

bjc

if i opened my folder for my layouts i can only see thumbnails of jpegs...is it possible to see thumbnails of psd files? what do i need to do? is this a vista issue? is it possible in windows 7 ( i have been thinking of upgrading but not sure yet)

I can usually see mine, Bobbie....every once in awhile there's a stubborn one that won't show up for some reason....

I just make sure my "View" is set to Extra Large, Large or Medium Icons; doesn't work for Small icons.

Another thought...depending on how you're looking at the folder (i.e. if you're opening it with another program) you might have to be sure it's not just showing certain types of files. For example, when you do File>Open in a word document program it is typically set to just look for .doc type files. You would have to use the pull down menu to choose ALL files. Same in PSE; you can tell it to look only for .jpeg files and then I think it might stay defaulted to that until you change it and/or restart the program.

just going to the ehd and the folder my scrapbook and i do have the thumbnails set big ...just cant see, only see an icon

the only one thumbnail you can see here in my 2010 folder is a layout that is not a psd, it is a jpeg

any ideas how to see the thumbnails of psd files

Come to think of it, Bobbie...I may have downloaded an application that was recommended somewhere here in the forums to do this....it was so long ago. You could just google "View PSD files in Vista" and find one yourself as there's probably a more recent one than when I did it.

If you want me to try to find the one I used, let me know....

Tried searching the MB for where I originally got the solution, but I think it was too long ago and I'm getting too many other posts.

SO, I did a search on google and found the following:

http://www.flexbeta.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8028 (looks familiar - MIGHT be the way I did it, but I don't remember for sure)

http://www.josh.biz/tech/6-view_psd_thumbnails.html

There are also some threads out there with instructions telling you how to tweak a certain file(s?) to get it to work, but these seem to be codec for the same thing.

HTH!

i downloaded this

http://www.ardfry.com/psd-codec/

and it seems to work fine... funny thing is they said it was a free trial and that it is 19.99 but they never ask for my email or any info so i dont know how they contact me to say your trial is up and now pay up... oh dear

if there is any other codec out there or other ways to do this please post it here as i think we would all love to know..thanks

• 1 year later...

if i opened my folder for my layouts i can only see thumbnails of jpegs...is it possible to see thumbnails of psd files? what do i need to do? is this a vista issue? is it possible in windows 7 ( i have been thinking of upgrading but not sure yet)

Dear bjc...I view my PSE7 layout thumbnails by opening the program (Photoshop Elements) first then it will recognize the images. Hope this helps.

Archived