Need To Buy A Laptop

Guest heartofwisdom

Guest heartofwisdom
First I better say I won't do Dell again. I've bought 10 computers from them in 5 years and the support has gone waaaaaaaaaay downhill. My last purchase was a nightmare I won't repeat.

I'm thinking of going to Best Buy --I like their support. My hubby is retiring and turning in his laptop. I'm giving him mine and I want the best I can buy for speed working with media.

I'm looking at Toshiba Qosmio Notebook with Intel® Centrino® Duo Mobile Technology Model: G35-AV600 because PC mag had a great review.

I want mega memory and mega ram. I need to run Indesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, the Internet , outlook, and more all at the same time.

I have a 500G external drive.
Any suggestions befoe I take the plunge.

Thanks,

SOrry to hear you don't like Dell. I just read in photoshop magazine that the dell m64 is PRIMO to run photoshop. Just FYI.

DH had a duel core HP that he just LOVED. He said the support at HP was fantastic, but the resolution on the screen was so high, he was having a hard time reading it. So he sent it back...no questions asked. He ended up with a dell m90 that he bought on E-Bay. He loves that one more and had yet to have any trouble with tech-support.

Again, FYI...That is all I know about laptops...although DH vows to get me a dual core next time I get one.

you might want to try Sam's club. If you are a member, you can get a CHEAP warranty, and unlike Best Buy, Sam's warranty starts when the manufacturers warrenty ends...and more than likely if your laptop dies, they will just replace it with a newer model rather than send it back to the manufacturer to fix which is what Best Buy does.

Guest gotmach1
I have had the best luck with my Toshiba Satellite Laptop, I also purchased a 80 meg external harddrive that I store all my graphics on, I make web sets so I'm filled and then some with graphics. The one you are looking at sound like a great deal Good luck finding your new toy!

Guest katiekat
We had a Toshiba Satellite that worked fine...but I currently use the new hp dv5000 and am loving it. I got a custom one added extra memory and everything I wanted and am able to run photoshop and tons of other things. It all depends on what you need though.

I'm so Mac biased, I can't really recommend anything else. Once I went to Mac, I couldn't go back! And now, I guess you can run windows on their new systems. I haven't checked into it though, but I've seen the commercials, lol.

And have you seen the built-in cameras on the MacBooks? I use Skype to talk to family far away, and would love to be able to see them when I talk to them. Maybe someday.

Erica

Guest bellagirl
I love my DELL M140, but I haven`t had any problems with it so I don`t know about the support, but you are not interested in DELL so my next choice would be a MAC. I have a son that swears by them and he is a computer pro.

Archived