Shadows

amandathor

OK, I realize this is very basic, however I am at a loss here! I am trying to do a shadow on a page with "tears". I've merged my layers and am now ready to put the shadow on, but when I go to the "styles" box, there are no shadows there. Am I doing something wrong? I just can't figure out how to get all the shadow options in the style box to choose from.

If you double click on the layer you would like to add your shadow to the layer styles box will usually pop up automatically. Inside of it you will see one of the options being the shadow. If you just click so it's checkmarked it will add the shadow, but to actually change the settings of the shadow you will need to double click on drop shadows and then you will have all of your setting changes. Hope this helps. If you have a different version than mine and this doesn't work, let us know.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was clicking on the box and trying to use the styles tool box on the right side of the screen and shadowing wasn't showing. Double-clicking did the trick! I thank you and my page thanks you!

Have an excellent day!

Amanda

[quote name='satippetts' post='52517' date='Jul 18 2006, 10:36 AM']If you double click on the layer you would like to add your shadow to the layer styles box will usually pop up automatically. Inside of it you will see one of the options being the shadow. If you just click so it's checkmarked it will add the shadow, but to actually change the settings of the shadow you will need to double click on drop shadows and then you will have all of your setting changes. Hope this helps. If you have a different version than mine and this doesn't work, let us know.[/quote]

Archived