Hybrid Atc Swap-With A Twist(Pt.2) May-Sign Up Here!

Sherry Lynn

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW thanks for all the offers to help! I'll leave sign-ups open until Sat. April 10th BUT might have to take you up on your offers.

Anyone else anyone? If you can think of anyone to invite to join us please feel free to send them a pm --- I did, right Joyce? AND Lei did, right Carla?

This is my first time for this swap. I've been thinking about it and I have a few questions:

1) what makes the ATC a hybrid?

2) where would I get the baseball trading card page holder?

3) are there any guidelines for these ATCs, like size, shape, name , date?

I'm worried that I don't know the basics. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

This is my first time for this swap. I've been thinking about it and I have a few questions:

1) what makes the ATC a hybrid?

2) where would I get the baseball trading card page holder?

3) are there any guidelines for these ATCs, like size, shape, name , date?

I'm worried that I don't know the basics. Any advice would be helpful!

Thanks!

1) There are a variety of items that you can add to make the atc a hybrid: glitter, brads, stickers, ribbon --- just to name a few.

2) The card holder sheets are available at WalMart, Target, etc.

3) An ATC is 2 1/2 x 3 1/2, rectangle (you can round the corners if you like) AND you place your name, date and 1 of 9, etc. on the backs of each card!

I hope this helps BUT, if you have any other questions please feel free to ask!

Yes, you can make all 9 the same OR close to the same.

As for printing I printed both sides of mine on regular cardstock AND glued them together.

One other time I printed the full sheet adhered them on to a cereal box AND cut them out!

These are all great questions Shari --- keep them coming, if you have more!

You know I'm all over this!! woohooooo!!

Lei,

Please tell me how you made the chipboard with the rounded corners Hybrid ATC for our last swap.

I am hoping to learn something new. Thanks,

Sandy

Oh, I found the baseball trading card plastic holders at Target. They were in one of the checkout lanes, under the candy.

my printer won't take cardstock, so I print on good paper and adhere both sides to cardstock. There are no wrong ways, really.

:)

You know I'm all over this!! woohooooo!!

Lei,

Please tell me how you made the chipboard with the rounded corners Hybrid ATC for our last swap.

I am hoping to learn something new. Thanks,

Sandy

Sandy - ever since doing a hybrid ATC swap with a recycle theme, I use card board from cereal boxes, empty kleenex boxes, etc. I cut them to the 2.5 x 3.5 size. I then print my SG background paper on cardstock and cut and glue that to the recycled cardboard. Since I started making hybrid greeting cards about a year ago, I purchased a rounded corner punch - that is what I used on my "Welcome Spring" hybrid. I bought that corner punch at either JoAnn's or Michaels. If you have any more questions, give a holler!! :)

I'm excited to participate for the first time! Lei sent me a PM and convinced me to try it. I was on the fence last time, but chickened out. This time I am all ready....I have things ready to go, just need to assemble them. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, so sounds like a good day to work on it!

So, if you haven't tried it before...please join in! You won't be the only one new to this....I promise!

Plus you get at least 8 other beautiful works of art in your hands!! Its just a bonus all they way around!

I just finished a set of ATC's for our trip later this month, kind of a "calling card". I like to print the front and back as one piece, fold and glue or tape. It dawned on me (yes!! the light went on!!) that I could open an 5 x 7 blank document, put two cards on it, save as jpeg, and then send it off to Costco for BORDERLESS printing. At 39 cents per print, that seems pretty economical to me...you get two cards per print. If you don't want to do a back, you get 4. And I'm just about ready to go with the new one!

Anyone still pondering this, just jump in, it's SOOOOOO much fun, especially when you get that fat envelope full of treasures.

I just wanted to add that I'd also be okay with doing cards for the 2nd group if we don't get enough to fill up group 2!

Really, this is so easy! I thought it would be hard for me as I never scrapped with paper but I found that I could still do most of the design work with my computer and simply add something easy for me to do in batches for the hybrid part. I used transparencies and brads last time.

Mine are done, too! Am I to send one batch or two?

Ann if you have just one batch done and don't have time to do a completely different card --- go ahead and send one batch! I am waiting on 2 other people to say yes or no, if they say yes then we'll just need one more person to do 2 different sets, does that make sense?

I was waiting to see if you had enough folks to do two groups, but I guess you're doing two anyway, so I'll get busy on mine. When should we have them in the mail by?

I think if everyone has them in the mail to me by the end of the first week of May then I'll be able to get them back to you before the chat!

Archived