Two Monitors!

Last fall I switched to using my laptop exclusively and gave up using the large flatscreen monitor attached to my old desktop (which turned into a kids' computer). At first I missed the large screen but I got used to my laptop, and I've done some pretty good scrapping over the winter. At some point during the winter, my husband got me a cable for connecting the flatscreen to my laptop, but it wasn't until today that I finally got around to trying it out. Oh my gosh! I can't believe it didn't try it sooner!

I chose to extend the screen -- use both monitors -- so I can do things like have my files open on the little screen and PSE open on the big screen. It's awesome! :daisy:

I have a cable to do that too Michele and it is great! I don't use it nearly as much as I should though, because I like the freedom to scrap on the couch with my laptop...and the monitor is hooked to DH's desktop upstairs in the office.

Wow! That sounds and looks terrific. Of course, now you know what I want to get. roflol Congratulations on finding a new way to have fun with your scrapping. :-)

I used to do that all the time with my laptop, and found I loved it so much that now I even do it with my desktop. My hubby bought me a monster sized lcd monitor to use with my other lcd and I absolutely love it!

I don't remember if pse has the capability to create custom workspaces but when I was using my extra monitor with my laptop I created a dual monitor workspace that utilized the second monitor and then a laptop monitor display that only utilized the laptop's screen. That made it easy to switch between the single and dual monitor setups.

Just the other day My hubby had wanted to set up our "extra" screen this way but I refused. not used to it I guess! Also I'm like an old dog that doesn't like change. Glad you like it maybe I'll give it another try.

That's awesome! I too like the freedom of scrapping on the couch with my laptop. When my kids play nicely, I can "supervise" from my "scrapbooking throne" too;) LOL!

Actually, I've said to DH that my absolute DREAM would be THREE monitors...one would have Photoshop, the next would have ACDSee with a folder of photos, and the third would have ACDSee with my digi scrapping supplies:) Extravagant...yes, but that's what dreams are for;)

Archived