5 replies to this topic

#1 bjc

bjc

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

i am hoping someone can help me...please...i use lightroom on both my LT and DT and put my photos on an EHD... i take my photos directly from my cf card into my computer using LR.... the other day i did this with some photos that were raw on my DT..i saw them on my DT...the next day i unhooked my ehd and it was hooked up to my LT...i used my card reader and put several more days of photos on the ehd using LR, one day was jpges, 2 were raw...if i look thru windows or thru acdsee i can see that the files are there.... but when i go to LR they are greyed out...so i tried to locate them and when i do it shows that they are in the backup library but there are a many many subfolders and if you open them nothing shows or happens...how do i get these photos into lightroom...they are on my ehd...it is so frustrating
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image[size="4"]
Visit My GalleryPosted Image

#2 bjc

bjc

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:39 PM

i am getting so frustrated...no answers from sg so i decided to call adobe...where i may have to pay..dont know how much...i have been on the phone for 20 minutes listening to cheesy music..waiting for someone to answer..this stinks

#3 J9Buckles

J9Buckles

Scrappin' in the Great White North

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:03 PM

It could be because you don't have a duplicate copies of your LR catalogue on your LT & DT. When you move your EHD from your LT to your DT your LR catalogue, unless it is also filed on your EHD, stays where you created it.

To locate your Lightroom Catalogue open LR and go to Edit>Preferences and then choose Go to Catalogue Settings. If it's located on your C drive then you can make a copy of it on your EHD and move it to the C drive on your other computer.

Does that make sense?

#4 bjc

bjc

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:10 PM

yes, janine... and thanks.... but when i went thru this once before i think it was you who helped me thru it and i put the catalogue on my ehd... i finally reached adobe and what they said is that i have to export the catalog when i am going to move the ehd from one computer to the other... so go to file... export as catalog and then when i go to the other computer go to file...import the catalog...does this make sense?

so far i have done the export of the catalog and i will have to do it again as i add more to it..before i take the ehd and go and put it with the lt.

hope this works...

#5 J9Buckles

J9Buckles

Scrappin' in the Great White North

• Members
  • 7,769 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

Sounds like it should work! Good luck!

#6 bjc

bjc

• Members
  • 6,367 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

i have had this continuing prob of the different photos on my LT and DT LR even though they are all on my ehd.... that is shared

i finally found an amazing forum where a real LR techie helping me thru this ....it seems that the catalogs got all mixed up ( i gather the catalogs is where LR saves the adjustments etc).... i love LR but it is a complicated prog to understand the technical aspects...i find it great and easy to learn but when this technical issue arose i didnt know who to turn to

the forum has been very helpful and they have given me step by step directions to fix everything so i am passing this along in case anyone at sg gets into LR issues and needs a techie

it is just amazing how helpful and imformative people all around the world can be...isnt life good when things work like this!

the forum is lightroomforums.net

also the use of screen shots has been so helpful to show them what my issues/screen showed...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users