Is It Possible To See The Raw Photos I Take With Canon 7D In Windows?

bjc

When I load my RAW photos on the computer they don't show up as thumbnails in windows, but in Picasa and in Adobe Bridge, they show up as photos. If there is a way to get them to show up as thumbnails in windows, I don't know about it.

Bobbie, you need to download the camera raw update for your camera from the adobe site. I've had the same problem, its a camera thing and the update should take care of it. When I change them to dng files in lightroom, I can see them ok. I'm not sure I've got it all straight yet either. Still learning all the ins and outs of this camera. But i love it too.

Bobbie, you need to download the camera raw update for your camera from the adobe site. I've had the same problem, its a camera thing and the update should take care of it. When I change them to dng files in lightroom, I can see them ok. I'm not sure I've got it all straight yet either. Still learning all the ins and outs of this camera. But i love it too.

thanks sandi, i will go to the website and see what i can find.... and i didnt know that windows would see the dng files...i had been converting to dng..but then i forgot to ...so i guess i could try that too...wonder if that works for my acdsee also, cause i have an older version and it doesnt see the 7D...havent decided if i would upgrade my acdsee yet...so this may be a fix for that too..thanks...

i downloaded and installed the update for raw but still no thumbs in windows...maybe this update for raw is only for the bridge to see the thumbs??? anyone know ???

Bobbie,

I downloaded the update too and still can't see the thumbnails in Vista Windows Explorer. I use Windows Photo Gallery too and they are not at all visible there. I even downloaded an update from Microsoft for that the first time WPG encountered raw photos (mine are .CR2). Who knows?

I'm not too bothered by it as I don't shoot in RAW very often, but it is a curious thing, isn't it?

i just get so wanting to "solve it"

so i p0osted on canon forum and got a response

do install this new codec...

i tried it but it still doesnt work...i have 64bit and it doesnt look like it works with that.... but would love to know if someone installs it and it does work...

now i have spent the last hour working on this with no sucess...i have to stop now..but love to hear from anyone who knows more or can get it to work

it is cool that with a little searching on the internet and some friendly advice from some computer/camera people in the know and just a wee investment you can now see your raw photos...glad to pass this along

Archived