Elements Techniques

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 bellagirl

bellagirl
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:24 PM

I just received an email from Adobe about a newsletter and a %50 off offer for a scrapbookers DVD. Anybody get it and if so is it worth $49.00 plus the $19.99 for the DVD? I feel like I`m treading water and not really learning anything new. Of course that is totally my fault. I did just buy the digital scrapbooking 5 from Simple Scrapbooks, I`m hoping to come up with something different from that.

#2 kitiekat4U

kitiekat4U
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:13 PM

i'm not sure what program are you talking about. i went to adobe's site and i didnt see anything like what you are saying. adobe has a program that you can try before you buy. maybe you can down load one of the programs and see what you think. adobe products

#3 ScrapGirlsRo

ScrapGirlsRo

Founder of Scrap Girls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:47 PM

It is actually a magazine. In fact, I wrote the article in the last issue for them about digital scrapbooking. I was supposed to write the upcomin issue, too, but I begged off because of my father. I'll be writing the following article. Just have to come up with the idea, now!

If you really want a leg up on how to digital scrapbook and are feeling kind of lost, I would recommend that you check out my Secrets tutorial programs. I walk you through learning how to do it step-by-step and you can actually watch me doing it and hear me talking about what I am doing.

Hope that helps!

#4 bellagirl

bellagirl
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:29 PM

i'm not sure what program are you talking about. i went to adobe's site and i didnt see anything like what you are saying. adobe has a program that you can try before you buy. maybe you can down load one of the programs and see what you think. adobe products

Sorry, I guess I didn`t make myself very clear. I have PSE4 and was sent an email stating that I could get a magazine of Digital Techniques for $49.00 and a DVD for scrapbooking for $19.99. If you go to photoshopelementsuser.com you will see this ad. I was just wandering if it was worth the money.

It is actually a magazine. In fact, I wrote the article in the last issue for them about digital scrapbooking. I was supposed to write the upcomin issue, too, but I begged off because of my father. I'll be writing the following article. Just have to come up with the idea, now!

If you really want a leg up on how to digital scrapbook and are feeling kind of lost, I would recommend that you check out my Secrets tutorial programs. I walk you through learning how to do it step-by-step and you can actually watch me doing it and hear me talking about what I am doing.

Hope that helps!

Ro, I have your tutorials and love them, sorry I wasn`t very clear with my question. I`m just having some trouble understanding how to do some of the things that PSE does and using brushes is one of them. The books I have do not address scrapbooking with PSE and I just thought this magazine and DVD might help.

#5 ScrapGirlsRo

ScrapGirlsRo

Founder of Scrap Girls

• Members
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 09:33 AM

It's not so much a scrapbooking type educational magazine. Mostly photoediting tricks and stuff like that. There is one scrapbooking article and as I have mentioned, I have been writing it. I don't thinkthat youwould get any indepth information about brushing there, as these are all smaller one-topic articles.

#6 bellagirl

bellagirl
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2006 - 01:06 PM

Thats what I wanted to know thanks for getting back to me.

#7 Trent's mom

Trent's mom
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2006 - 03:16 PM

I too saw the Adobe DVD. Here is the link http://shop.photosho...&products_id=20. It says it is a DVD just about scrapbooking. If you use the code ELEN-1USB you can get tpay $49.00 for a one year subscription to Photoshop Elements Magazine and then you can buy the DVD for 19.99 . If you use the code ELEN-2USB you get the DVD free and pay $79.00 for a 2 year subscription to Photoshop Elements magazine. I too have enjoyed the Scrap Girls Photoshop Elements Secrets video. However I too was wondering about the Adobe one as I was sent an email too. However I have found Ro's video and the other tutorials on the website I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. I just love Scrap Girls ! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

#8 Jo Dee

Jo Dee
  • Guests

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:27 AM

Ro, I do have a subscription to Adobe Photoshop Elements Techniques, and was very excited to see that you will be writing the “Scrapbookers’ Workshop” articles. Really did enjoyed your article in Volume 3 #5. The magazine and site doesn’t really lean to scrapbooking, but I sure have learned a lot about fixing my photos for my scrapbook pages from there. I’m sure your articles will be a big plus in the scrapbooking department. Next they will want you to make scrapbooking videos for them..yah.
Jo

#9 ScrapGirlsRo

ScrapGirlsRo

Founder of Scrap Girls

• Members
  • 5,882 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:34 AM

Thanks, Jo! Yeah, there isn't much space to learn any real scrapping in there.

I won't be in the next issue because I begged off with my father's death occuring right at the deadline. But I'm writing the ones after that. I already know what the article will be about for my August deadline... Now I just have to write it! LOL

#10 ScrappingForever

ScrappingForever

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 9,352 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 06:10 AM

Just read your first one yesterday! Awesome job, Ro!
Jan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users