Elements Techniques

Guest bellagirl

Guest bellagirl
I just received an email from Adobe about a newsletter and a %50 off offer for a scrapbookers DVD. Anybody get it and if so is it worth $49.00 plus the $19.99 for the DVD? I feel like I`m treading water and not really learning anything new. Of course that is totally my fault. I did just buy the digital scrapbooking 5 from Simple Scrapbooks, I`m hoping to come up with something different from that.

Guest kitiekat4U
i'm not sure what program are you talking about. i went to adobe's site and i didnt see anything like what you are saying. adobe has a program that you can try before you buy. maybe you can down load one of the programs and see what you think. [url="http://www.adobe.com/products/"]adobe products[/url]

It is actually a magazine. In fact, I wrote the article in the last issue for them about digital scrapbooking. I was supposed to write the upcomin issue, too, but I begged off because of my father. I'll be writing the following article. Just have to come up with the idea, now!

If you really want a leg up on how to digital scrapbook and are feeling kind of lost, I would recommend that you check out my Secrets tutorial programs. I walk you through learning how to do it step-by-step and you can actually watch me doing it and hear me talking about what I am doing.

Hope that helps!

Guest bellagirl
[quote name='kitiekat4U' post='52834' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:13 PM']i'm not sure what program are you talking about. i went to adobe's site and i didnt see anything like what you are saying. adobe has a program that you can try before you buy. maybe you can down load one of the programs and see what you think. [url="http://www.adobe.com/products/"]adobe products[/url][/quote]

Sorry, I guess I didn`t make myself very clear. I have PSE4 and was sent an email stating that I could get a magazine of Digital Techniques for $49.00 and a DVD for scrapbooking for $19.99. If you go to photoshopelementsuser.com you will see this ad. I was just wandering if it was worth the money.

[quote name='Ro' post='52838' date='Jul 20 2006, 09:47 PM']It is actually a magazine. In fact, I wrote the article in the last issue for them about digital scrapbooking. I was supposed to write the upcomin issue, too, but I begged off because of my father. I'll be writing the following article. Just have to come up with the idea, now!

If you really want a leg up on how to digital scrapbook and are feeling kind of lost, I would recommend that you check out my Secrets tutorial programs. I walk you through learning how to do it step-by-step and you can actually watch me doing it and hear me talking about what I am doing.

Hope that helps![/quote]

Ro, I have your tutorials and love them, sorry I wasn`t very clear with my question. I`m just having some trouble understanding how to do some of the things that PSE does and using brushes is one of them. The books I have do not address scrapbooking with PSE and I just thought this magazine and DVD might help.

It's not so much a scrapbooking type educational magazine. Mostly photoediting tricks and stuff like that. There is one scrapbooking article and as I have mentioned, I have been writing it. I don't thinkthat youwould get any indepth information about brushing there, as these are all smaller one-topic articles.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Trent's mom
I too saw the Adobe DVD. Here is the link [url="http://shop.photoshopvideos.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=20"]http://shop.photoshopvideos.com/index.php?...&products_id=20[/url]. It says it is a DVD just about scrapbooking. If you use the code ELEN-1USB you can get tpay $49.00 for a one year subscription to Photoshop Elements Magazine and then you can buy the DVD for 19.99 . If you use the code ELEN-2USB you get the DVD free and pay $79.00 for a 2 year subscription to Photoshop Elements magazine. I too have enjoyed the Scrap Girls Photoshop Elements Secrets video. However I too was wondering about the Adobe one as I was sent an email too. However I have found Ro's video and the other tutorials on the website I can't imagine anyone doing a better job. I just love Scrap Girls ! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Guest Jo Dee
Ro, I do have a subscription to Adobe Photoshop Elements Techniques, and was very excited to see that you will be writing the “Scrapbookers’ Workshop” articles. Really did enjoyed your article in Volume 3 #5. The magazine and site doesn’t really lean to scrapbooking, but I sure have learned a lot about fixing my photos for my scrapbook pages from there. I’m sure your articles will be a big plus in the scrapbooking department. Next they will want you to make scrapbooking videos for them..yah.
Jo

Thanks, Jo! Yeah, there isn't much space to learn any real scrapping in there.

I won't be in the next issue because I begged off with my father's death occuring right at the deadline. But I'm writing the ones after that. I already know what the article will be about for my August deadline... Now I just have to write it! LOL

Archived