Mad Meet Up (Northeast)

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Understood, Fran. To be honest, if it wasn't for the meet-up being in my town, I wouldn't be able to make it this time either. We've been hit hard financially with DH's injury these past two months. It doesn't help that his employer is still fighting the workman's comp claim. :(

There's always next time, right? And if you ever make it down this way for a visit to Country Cupboard any other time, give me a call, OK?

I robbed the piggy bank and stole from hubby LOL (just kidden) I luckiely got some money from a old employer that is allowing me to come or else the cards and bank account would have said absolutely NOT! SO I completely understand! We will so much miss you 2 beautiful ladies but we will meet again....heehehe ya that is a promise too!! LOL

Sorry ladies, that I haven't been on. I'm having computer issues, and trying to get school work done, with no success. My computer keeps crashing and I can't get anything done.

So question for the Friday gals, which are:

Becca

Caren

Sarah

Carol

Kay

Myself

Carla

Dot? not sure if your coming Friday. Pm'd ya

Okay, so we have the room for scrapping for Friday, but now were down two which brings the cost per individual up. Not counting Dot, cause I do remember something about Saturday only, but I could be wrong, that will be $25.00 per person for Friday.

My thought is since I know money is tight for some, including myself. There is not that many of us. We can meet for lunch maybe and hour later to ease the early driving for some, and then scrap in one of the rooms for the rest of the day. The rooms have a desk, sofa, chair, and beds. There actually is room. We had a nice time with wine and cheese last year in Sarah's room. Then we also can bring snacks and beverages with us on Friday too. Don't know yet if I can even cancel the room, but thought I'd throw it out there first. I'm fine if we stick with scrapping in the meeting room, just don't want to tax anyone if money is tight.

I am game for anything we can all meet on the front porch and chat and do what ladies do chit chat!! I will be working on julies pc so I will be in and out LOL <wink> No really I am just as happy to sit on the floor (with a pillow not that my pillow isn't soft enough LOL) as I am sitting in a big old room with you wonderful ladies!! I can stop at Costco and bring some snacks and grab a casr of water and maybe some fruit or what ever you all would wish! I am open to any and all suggestions!!

You know, with Carla (so glad you are going to be there on Friday!) and Dot (hope you are going to come on Friday too) added to the list, that brings us up to 8 for Friday - at $18.75 each for the room on Friday. Better than $25, but still a lot for having a space where we can't have much in the way of snacks and drinks.

Like Caren said, maybe the front porch - or the lobby!

Say, wouldn't it be great if a couple of us could get connecting rooms? We could double our space and do what we wanted! I think I'll call and see if they have any!

But as always, I'll go along with that everyone else wants and need to do. Thanks Julie for taking care of all of this for us!

Okay,

So, we will meet for lunch at 1:30 on Friday, instead, if that is okay with everyone. It will give the girls that are driving the farthest a chance to sleep a little longer.

Were going to meet in Sarah and my room. Were going to get adjoining rooms or at least try, this will give us more space too.

Now we can have snacks, and drinks and things. Will have our own scrapping party on Friday.

Saves some money too, as we will only have to pay for the one day of the meeting room.

:party-smiley-048::having-a-party::having-a-party::gathering::party-smiley-048:

Guess what???? Fran and I are coming after all! We were talking yesterday and decided to strong arm Peter to pay Paul (our weekend). Peter was a tough fight but we restored to tears and that worked!

Sooo - we will be there Friday for lunch. The only thing that could mess things up is my mother who will be 100 this Oct and still lives by herself next door to me. Things are always subject to change because of her but Lord willing, we will see you next weekend!

If it is too late to add to the lunches, Fran and I will just go next door - not a problem. So Julie, better brush up on that Shuffle off the Buffalo routine!

Wow! What wonderful surprising news to wake up to this morning! Margot and Fran and coming to Lewisburg after all! Oh, I hope you hadn't cancelled your room reservations!

Maybe we should go ahead and rent the room for Friday now?

Yipee!

I already canceled yesterday morning. But I can call and see if we can have it back. Just can't do it today. I'm swamped with homework, SNR assignments, computer issues, and DD has dance competition all weekend, and flying out Monday morning for MN's visit. So a bit Stressed to say the least.

Margot, Fran, no problem with lunch. I'll just let her know we have more coming. Di and Theresa are coming Saturday too, and will now add the boys on with that too, but again, will do all that Monday when I get to MN or before flight leaves.

Oh, I'm practicing my shuffle now. So very excited you gals can come!!!!!!!

WOO HOO so glad we can come for the MAD weekend. Can't believe it all worked out. We have a room next door to Best Western so we are good to go. Looking forward to seeing all of you. YEA DI so glad you can come. :dancingchicken2: We will all be together again. See you all soon. Getting ready to shuffle off from Buffalo!! :party-smiley-048: Looking forward to all the chit chat :gathering: and sharing creativity. :superhero::cowwave:

Fran she is a stubborn old mule she won't let me help her too I have asked and that's that LOL!!! I am so tickled you all are coming! How exciting!! 6 sleeps!! Can you tell I am happy I just don't know how to dance girls!! LOL I will leave that part up to Julie!

Oh my goodness, how busy you've all been with the chatting. Where was I???? Distracted with a visit from DH ... first in 3 months. :) Will sure be glad when our house in OR sells and there will be no more living on opposites coasts! Although, when I want to scrap late at night or all day in my jammies, I don't mind :rofl:

So 5 more sleeps ... sounds like everyone has it all under control. I know I need to bring snacks and drinks, laptop and EHD with SB kits and photos, some ideas of what I want to work on, my list of "how-do-I" qestions, my pillow, my camera, my nook and my ipod, a notebook for ideas and random thoughts, ... what am I forgetting? Oh, and my jammies! :rofl:

I plan on leaving around 7:30 Friday morning ... should get me there in time for lunch. Anything else I'm forgetting?

Did we ever make a decision on the ATCs?

Sounds like you have it all together but don't forget money :disappearing-smilie: Look forward to meeting you. I am so excited that I can come now. By the way, love Oregon and all its beauty. Did the coast drive once when DH and I were there for a meeting. Beautiful!! Also been to Mount Helen. Have a good trip to PA.

Kay - don't forget your white socks!!! Last yea Julie was running around the hotel and in the scrappin room in her white socks and they never got dirty because the hotel was so clean so she and others did a scrapbook page on her clean socks so it has always been a thing with the MAD scrappers. Julie even told the hotel how clean her socks were. Even they were surprised. So ladies bring your white socks and we will give this hotel the white sock test. :dancingstickman:

Archived