Windows 7 And Word

pdwillie

Hi, my name is Paula and It's been a WHILE since since I've done any digital creations. And knowing how quickly computerization changes I should have checked things out before creating in Word...I designed 4 mag layouts for my granddaughter's pageant and I did so in word. They came out beautiful; however I wanted to save them as a jpeg or other picture file and Word no longer allows you to do so. Now for my question.....how do I get my Word projects into another program without having to start from scratch. They're simple designs (for I know nothing else, yet)and wont be hard to remake, just don't want to....

did you try right clicking the file? See what options come up? If you want to just print from there select print and print .....If not I will be back I am going to try it to see what happens

Which word are you using I have 3 differnt word LOL Ihave Microsoft office word 2007, word processor, word pad

I would use the pdf format especially if you are planning to have them printed. Many places like Kinko's and Staples prefer pdf images to png or jpg as the format is more universal.

Hi Paula and welcome to Scrap Girls.

I agree that saving as a .pdf is probably the way to go. You can bring .pdf's into a lot of different programs. Another thing you might try is to Select All in Word and copy to the clipboard then you might be able to paste it into a program like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements. I'm not sure if the formating will come over correctly though or whether you will have layers to work with.

Archived