Mozy Question

I am using Mozy to back up my EHD.

However, in my first attempt to back up the EHD where all my scrapping supplies and LOs are kept, I continue to get an error message: FILESYSTEMERROR2.

When I look at the history to see what's been backed up and what has not, NONE of my supplies are backed up, and they each have a message as to why : UNABLE TO OPEN FILE FOR BACKUP. All files jpg, png, asl, atn, psd, everything has this message next to it in the history box.

What is happening here?

Do I have some wierd setting set that I shouldn't?

(crossing fingers...oh please let this be an easy fix!)

I'd totally email Mozy's support and ask them about the error message.

When the error pops up, are you able to click on it (i.e.: Does it act like a link?)? Sometimes that can give you more information about what to do to fix it.

But, if you can't figure it out, Mozy support will help you get it right. They're really great!

so good to know, girls! Thank you!

Yes, I am getting a link, then I go there, and then every thing it tells me to do, I do, but it hasn't worked.

Sometimes it can be more painful to call for computer help so it is good to know how good Mozks!y is about that.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

did u get the mozy issue resolved...i have used them for awhile now and find the live chat is very helpful and then they alwasy follow up with emails to see how you are doing

Nope, I'm still having problems with Mozy. So far everything the tech has given me to try isn't working. I'm going to have to try the Live Chat this morning, I think.

good luck becca...what are the problems you are having? i think the live chat will help you.... they have been able to help me...but be patient...it can take a bit of time

Good luck Becca. I'm going to listen in on this discussion because I've been considering changing my mind again about whether to use an automatic back up service.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I've got my Mozy issue all figured out. The tech help thru email I was getting wasn't helping much, so I kept digging on my own. Turns out I had an older version of Mozy. So I downloaded the newer software version and everything's running smoothly now.

Archived