? For Those Of You Upgrading To Cs5

Shelbi

for those of you who are upgrading to cs5 are you only upgrading PHOTOSHOP or the whole creative suite?

I would like to upgrade (I have CS3) but funds are an issue for me.

I was wondering if I could/should just upgrade PHOTOSHOP and not the whole thing. Could I still use illustrator cs3 with photoshop cs5?

Did that make any sense at all? LOL

Michelle,

I can't speak for the upgrade to CS5 but in the past, I've had two different versions of Illustrator and Photoshop and didn't have any problems moving between the two programs. Your best bet though is to poke around on the adobe website or ask in their forums ... just to make sure.

When I upgraded from CS to CS3, I had to upgrade the entire suite. I couldn't just upgrade the Photoshop component of the suite. Had to go through a whole rigamaroll with Adobe to destroy the software, cancel the activation number and get new disks. I would love to just upgrade the Photoshop element of my CS3suite to CS5 -- is this really possible??? Sounds too good to be true!

Lucky me! I'm a student again so I'm upgrading to the entire Master Suite. Couldn't do it without the student rate. Now I'm just waiting for it to ship, already preordered. Can't wait to try content aware fill and heal. That just looks so cool.

My problem is the opposite. I have Photoshop CS3 and Dreamweaver CS4. I'd love to add Illustrator which means going to a suite. But I can't upgrade to a suite from there, even though I have two components already.

And if I upgrade both individually, I'm looking at the combined price of the academic pricing for the suite anyhow.

Archived