Homemade Christmas cards?

Guest ChristyMcKay

Guest ChristyMcKay
I was considering doing this, but it can't be too complicated because I need to make 25-30. My friends are stamping their cards, I was thinking about a photo of my boys. Anyone have any ideas to share?

Guest faithfulscrapper
I make handmade cards for close friends and family only so it's usually not too much work. I tend to get a photo card of the kids for everyone. As for the homemade, I tend to make a variety since I get bored making the same ones...I stamp, use ribbon, embellishments. I tend to stick to traditonal red and green. I have been eyeing Valerie's Cheers Card set in the store and might need to make some of those!

Go for it! My cards are really easy, hey I might even be printing them out and giving away sets to the family to use for Thank You notes and the like, tie 'em up in a big bow. Just nice to have a few on hand, KWIM?

I have been using the [url="http://www.atlex.com/Epson/more/double_sided_matte.htm"]Epson Matte Heavyweight paper[/url] which is finished on both sides and really am thrilled with the quality. It's non see thru so you can easily print the pattern on the inside of the envelope for that elegant touch! It makes for a bit heavier envelope, but I love it.

It also stamps well, tears, holds up to a heat gun for embossing, cuts easily for those decorative scissors, and you can make die cut windows in it as well! Plus scrap it a little: add eyelets, clip a photo to the card, add a ribbon....

I could do lots of samples just with the plain versions of the cards I designed which are included in each set, but I'll leave it to you all to add your own unique touch.

I worked on mine the last 2 days ... it's posted here: [url="http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?act=module&module=gallery&cmd=si&img=483"]Christmas 2004[/url]

I worked in stages and they really went pretty fast.

• 1 month later...
Guest DanaGaspar
I just found a great paper too. Just as describe by Varanda, but its by JetPrintPhoto - I found it at Wal-Mart - 100 sheets Medium weight Matte. I use it with my epsons and just love it. Great for catalogs, cards, photos you name it. The best deal is I got it for 9.96 for 100 sheets...

Archived