#1 Carla S

Carla S

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

G'day!
I am just wondering how to change a part of a template?
I have recently purchased the My Life series of templates (which I ADORE!) and wanted to use some of the pages for my son who is three. I wanted to change the heading on the title page from 'My Life' so that it says 'My first 3 years'. I have PSE8 and am using the PSD file. When I click on the title and select it it looks selected but when I click on the text tool I can't seem to alter the heading in any way. I would also like to change the colour of the title too and couldn't work out how to do that either.
However, down the bottom where there is a space to type my sons name, I am able to change the text and change the text colour no worries. I am wondering how come I can't do the same for the title? Does this mean that maybe the title isn't text maybe it is something else?
TIA!
Cheers, Carla

#2 HeidiD

HeidiD

Jai guru deva... om.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 04:49 PM

Carla, look in your Layers Palette for the title layer. If there's an image of the title there, then it's a set image - pixels, rather than a font, just like any other element on your template. If there's a "T" there, then it's a text layer and you can edit it.

Does that help?

If that doesn't clear it up, let me know and I'll take a quick peek at those templates for you and see if I can see what you're seeing. :)
...Heidi D...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users