Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carla S

Altering Templates

2 posts in this topic

G'day!

I am just wondering how to change a part of a template?

I have recently purchased the My Life series of templates (which I ADORE!) and wanted to use some of the pages for my son who is three. I wanted to change the heading on the title page from 'My Life' so that it says 'My first 3 years'. I have PSE8 and am using the PSD file. When I click on the title and select it it looks selected but when I click on the text tool I can't seem to alter the heading in any way. I would also like to change the colour of the title too and couldn't work out how to do that either.

However, down the bottom where there is a space to type my sons name, I am able to change the text and change the text colour no worries. I am wondering how come I can't do the same for the title? Does this mean that maybe the title isn't text maybe it is something else?

TIA!

Cheers, Carla

Carla, look in your Layers Palette for the title layer. If there's an image of the title there, then it's a set image - pixels, rather than a font, just like any other element on your template. If there's a "T" there, then it's a text layer and you can edit it.

Does that help?

If that doesn't clear it up, let me know and I'll take a quick peek at those templates for you and see if I can see what you're seeing. :)