12" Scanner

StamperCat

I have lots of 12" paper that I am not going to use since I am doing scrapbooking digitally. Does anyone know if scanners are available to do 12" wide scanning? I am sure other people have this same situation. How's the best way to handle it?

Mustek used to have one that was virtually 12 x 12, reasonably priced.

Epson has several of professional quality that are larger than 12 x 12 and will set you back around $2000-2500. Eep! MY sort-of local scrapbook store has one of the Epsons. The employees will scan your traditional pages and burn them to a CD for an exorbitant fee. I would love to own one specifically for that purpose, as I still do traditional scrapping as well and would like a way to have a backup copy in case of fire, or a second/third copy for all of my children.

I was going to say what Cheri said. There are larger format scanners out there but from what I have seen, they are prohibitively expensive. Larger format printers have come down in price as more makers produce them, but I have not seen the same thing happen with scanners.

You can scan your paper in parts and then "stitch" them together if your software has that feature. It would be time consuming though if you have very many papers to scan. Having said all that, technically, scanning would be against the copyright of the artist, I believe.

Thanks for the replies. I did Google it and couldn't seem to find anything except the ones over thousands of dollars, but thought someone might know more than what I could find. I did get myself a 12" Canon Printer and I LOVE it!!! I need to get a new scanner anyway as I have an older Epson and the software is lacking with it. Had not thought I would be violating any copyright laws as it is just for personal use, but it is something to think about. Thanks again. :waving-hi:

You can stitch images together in Photoshop Elements and I assume Photoshop CS. I'm not sure about Paintshop Pro. Maybe one of the ladies that use PSP can tell us if it has that capability.

Re: What Pat said about copyright...you might need to check with individual companies, but I believe you'd be ok with most manufacturers if you were scanning the paper to use personally and ONLY one time, just the same as you would have used the paper, and then destroying/shredding/recycling the paper, ie. not giving it to your friend to use in her traditional scrapbooks (since that would be technically using the paper twice).

Archived