Green Art Journal

Guest vannest

Guest vannest
I don't know if anyone else is having this problem. With the TCS_ArtJournal_Paper_Biggie_12 and 11 and with the tan photo corners that go with the Art Journal, everytime I print out something using them, they look really green--the photo corners are all but lime green. Does anyone else have this problem?

Everything else in the layout prints out the correct color--everything but these items.

I've tried all the color management settings on my printer and my monitor, but messing with them just drains color out of the entire layout.

I've attached a copy of the #12 paper. Does it look green when printed to anyone else?

Hi there! I'm testing the papers and photo corners on my printer now. The thumbnail above looks like how it was designed to look. It's brownish tan with slight tints of olive.

I tested both papers and the tan photo corners, and they come out perfect for me. I even showed my husband and he said they looked tan. I've asked a couple team members to help test it for mem so I'll let you know what they say. I'm sorry this is causing problems for you.

Guest vannest
Good. Or rather, half good. That's how it looks on my monitor....tan colored with a hint of olive. When it prints out it's more intense than olive (about like a green olive) with just some tan hints to it. As I said, this is the only thing that's giving me fits when printed. Everything else I ran as a test prints out pretty much true to color. (As true to color as a printer can get to a monitor)

I'm really eager to hear the results of your test!

Pamela.

Pamela, if you have multiple ink cartridges on your printer, are any of them close to empty? If so, this may affect the amount of color that comes out. My test did not come out intense green at all. I have heard that green is one of the hardest colors for printers to match; however, in this case, the paper is tan and not green. I know this doesn't help you, so I'll try my best to help figure this out. I'll let you know what my team says.

have you tried cleaning your printer heads? Sometimes the heads get clogged and they need cleaning.

Go to your printer utility and do a test print from there. If there are any gaps, you need to clean your heads.

Guest vannest
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I've already cleaned the print heads and nozzles and all of that. I have an Epson Stylus Photo R1800. Like I said, the colors on everything other than the Art Journal paper are crisp and clear and very accurate. Guess it's just some combination of things.

I did go into PSPX and change the color balance, and after several trials--setting then printing then setting then printing--I've gotten a version that looks tan with olive highlights. Was just wondering if it was my particular combination of software, monitor, and printer that was causing the problem.

No big deal. As I said, I've gotten me a version that gives the right color.

Thanks again!

Pamela

Guest sfcgijill
Just playing the devil's advocate here - were you by chance using Epson brand ink or someone else's? I have an Epson 2200, and once I bought off brand cartridges - found they really did not perform as well. Colors were off - more reddish in my case, and smeary.

Every other printer I had before this, I was able to use off brands, but not with my Epson. But, the Epson gives me the best prints ever, hands down.

Guest vannest
[quote name='sfcgijill' post='53459' date='Jul 26 2006, 07:09 PM']Just playing the devil's advocate here - were you by chance using Epson brand ink or someone else's? I have an Epson 2200, and once I bought off brand cartridges - found they really did not perform as well. Colors were off - more reddish in my case, and smeary.

Every other printer I had before this, I was able to use off brands, but not with my Epson. But, the Epson gives me the best prints ever, hands down.[/quote]

No, I've always used Epson inks on it. Like I said, everything else in the layout prints the right color. 'Tis a real puzzlement.

Thanks so much for the tip. I have been tempted to try the off brand inks since they claim they are just as good. Also, you are absolutely right about the Epson printers. This is far and away the best printer I've ever had. The photos come out looking far and away better than any other--it's pretty much impossible to tell them from photo lab prints. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking to buy a new printer.

Archived