Where To Print Wedding Photos?

CRS

My step-sil is getting married. Her cousin is going to photograph the wedding, and give her a cd of the photos, but won't print them. Where is a good quality place to have her photos printed? I know paper has a lot to do with it, and told her that. She live in the Ft. Bragg, NC area.

Thanks for any help you can give us!!!

For reasonable cost, I've always found Ritz/Wolf Camera to be pretty darn good. They have a satisfaction guarantee - if your SIL isn't happy, they'll reprint them until she is.

They also color correct each individual frame, and will make adjustments for lighting (brightening the whole photo to expose for faces, etc.). Just have your SIL talk to the photo lab technician, let them know these are her wedding pictures and that she'll be going over the prints with a fine-tooth comb (i.e.: she'll be as picky as possible), let them know if there are any special circumstances (i.e.: silhouette shots that shouldn't be exposed for faces, shots where lighting is intentionally color-cast, etc.), and they should come out looking as good as possible.

There are pro labs out there too, but they may be cost-prohibitive (and would probably do the same things), and I don't know of any chains or stores that may be in her area.

(Disclaimer: I used to be a Ritz Photo Lab Manager, so I know what they *should* be doing. I got a job there after being a happily satisfied customer for years. FWIW. :) )

Oh, and last time I checked, they use Fuji Crystal Archive paper, which is the best, most archival paper out there. Have her ask for paper samples (glossy, matte, satin) and she can see which finish she likes best. I'd suggest satin or matte for these photos.

I absolutely LOVE mpix.com. Very professional, yet very reasonable rates. If the pics are edited for color correction already, make sure to turn color correction OFF when making your order.

A professional photographer friend of mine tipped me off to them. She uses them exclusively and has always been very happy with their service.

I absolutely LOVE mpix.com. Very professional, yet very reasonable rates. If the pics are edited for color correction already, make sure to turn color correction OFF when making your order.

A professional photographer friend of mine tipped me off to them. She uses them exclusively and has always been very happy with their service.

I 2nd mpix.com and have used them for personal prints, as well as, for client orders. I've always been 100% satisfied with my prints and they have great customer service.

i have used mpix and whcc ( white house color copy) and just used color inc....i find them all good and a really great thing is that they usually offer a special for first time customers.... so i just wanted to try color inc and had 111 photos of a friends party...i did all 4 x6 which regularly would be 17 cents each and they were 50% off for a new customer...another thing most of these "pro" type labs do is in order for you to see the colors and see if you are calibrated correctly they offer several free enlargements when you first get started... something that your step sil might want to take advantage of for her wedding shots...

its all digi so she would have to be able to put the cd photos that the photographer gives her on her computer and view and pick the ones she wants and then use the software these companies provide free in order to send them to the photos place over the internet...

Archived