Unzipping Files ?

Guest zankaloney

Guest zankaloney
I am new to winzip and digital scrapbooking. I downloaded a few freebies. When I go to unzip them, I get a message saying there are no files to extract. Am I doing something wrong? I would appreciate any help I could get. Thanks

I sometimes get this problem when using AOL. It will go through the download process and seem like there's a file there, but will give me the "no file to unzip" message. This generally occurs when your download has been interrupted.

What I usually do is the following:
Delete the files
Restart my computer
I'll open a new browser such as Internet Explorer or Netscape and access the webpage from there
Then download to a new spot on your computer
*this will help make sure your internet provider is sending you a fresh new download instead of the same download.

Try these steps and let us know how it works for you.

I have this same problem if I use Fire Fox. Try it with Internet Explorer and it should work. I also have that problem sometimes when I’m downloading at work because the internet connection often turns off for a second and then right back on. So if Internet Explorer doesn’t fix it, check your connection and make sure its strong.

Guest zankaloney
Thanks. I tried both of those idea. AOL thing was right on target. I tried Firefox and Netscape, they both worked. I think I may have a problem with my connection too. Because, it takes forever to download. 3 hrs for 26 MB. Is that too slow? I am on dial up. Anyway, thanks for your help.

Archived