Congratulations Lei (Bride)!

CRS

Remember to keep that crown polished - and don't forget to add a few diamonds to it while you have it. Such a good choice for MOM - you really deserve it - you are such an asset to SG and so kind to everyone. Congrats again!

YAY, Lei - so happy for you; congratulations and enjoy your month!

Congratulations Lei! I ceremoniously hand over the MOM crown to you;)

Cheri, I hope you added one more diamond to that crown before handing it over to Lei - she is so sparkly and sweet and fun and sooooooooooooo nice! : :daisy::daisy:

First, I’d like to say how blessed I am to be part of such a wonderful community of women who are so open to share their love and encouragement! What a thrill it is to get to make like-minded friends in this venue and then meet them in person! Thank you for this honor.

I find it funny that I’m such a journaling kind of person in that I can pour out what is in my heart, but I have a difficult time writing about myself. Isn’t that strange? Anyway, here we go:

I was born and raised in Michigan, though as a kid our family moved around a fair bit because of Dad’s work. I am married to “Mr. Wonderful”, or as I affectionately dubbed him this past Christmas, “Santa in Carharts” (story journal is linked for those of you with inquiring minds!) We have raised 2 boys. CJ is 32 and has blessed us with our beautiful granddaughter, 11 year old Audrey. Kirk is 25. We have a close relationship with each. I have 2 Australian Shepherds that I have raised and trained myself since 8 weeks. I would like to someday do therapy with them either in nursing homes or sick children’s hospital. I am employed as a business manager for a local, historical, denominational church. My husband and I worship and are active in a non-denominational church. My hobbies include, but are not limited to, knitting, quilting digital scrapping and reading. One of my most favorite books was “Seated In Heavenly Places” by Richard Booker. I started digital scrapping just 2 years ago. I had a huge amount of digital photos I didn’t know what to do with – and was determined not to let them sit in files like the real photos I have sitting in milk crates in our storage closets. I googled how to make a digital collage and was directed to ScrapGirls – and what a joy it has been ever since! Besides meeting all you wonderful gals, I think I have really enjoyed participating in the SG 52 Project last year. It was a struggle to keep up, but I’m so glad I did. It allowed me to work on new skills while journaling my life in 2009. I think one of my favorite layouts in that “52 collection” is “Of Tonka Trucks & Cookie Jars” which was created on a very “reflective” kind of day. A couple of “bucket list” goals are to see the remaining states I have not yet been in, to learn to make ice sculptures, to learn how to play the harmonica, and to learn how to use a chainsaw to carve something beautiful out of tree stumps. Ok, not sure what else to include here about me so I guess I’ll open it up for questions! (LOL – never been to a news conference but have always wanted to say that!)

Awwwwwwwwwww Lei - I loved reading a little "bit" about you --- very cool AND I think I even learned a few more things about you my friends! Congrats on being chosen MOM ---- you so deserve it ---- wear that crown with pride!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I had missed congratulating you and now can say that I hope that you had a really wonderful time as MOM! Well deserved and I hope that it was all you thought it would be! I am happy for you. And, now that "the floor is open for questions," LOL- how was it?

Archived