Aaaagghhhhhhhhhh Whats Up With My Brushes

Guest jemmia

Guest jemmia
:blondmoment: :banghead: :blondmoment: :banghead: :blondmoment: :banghead: :blondmoment:

dont know what i have done to my brushes but this evening when trying to complete a layout i was using brushes but when i moved off the layer with the brushes on, they disappeared and left me marching ants.
goodness knows what im doing wrong tried various things all to no avail, what the heck have i done? does anybody know? BTW i use pse 3

I'm not sure exactly what you are doing... but another member was having similiar problems. All of her problems may not be yours, but I'll post the whole response, and then hopefully something from it will help you out if not let me know and we'll try again!

Here is what I think is happening with the brush. There are two icons of the brush in the brush palette. One is the selection brush, the other is the regular brush. The selection brush is under the magic wand and has some dots underneath it, the regular brush tool is the one on top of the paint bucket.

If the selection tool is the one that is selected and being used it gives you these options: One is the mode option which is either: selection or a mask. If selection is chosen then your brush will become running ants when stamped. So you aren't using this one. If it's on mask then you will see additional options that say overlay (option to change percentage) and an overlay color. You mentioned that you were doing an overlay, and so I'm assuming it's this.

You can choose your color to black as you were using, and you can stamp it either on the same layer or it's own layer. Either way you will see it on your screen as a black brush. It will not show up in your layers palette though. But you will see it on screen, but if you go to print preview, it will have disappeared because it is technically a mask, and not a real brush.

To solve this, simply use the regular brush tool that is farther down on the tool palette, and it should work for you. You can also still choose overlay in the blending modes option if you are still wanting an overlay, or change your layer you stamp it on to overlay in the layers palette blending mode option. Hope this is what it is and can solve your problem!:) Good luck.

Guest jemmia
as soon as i read ur answer, i couldnt believe what id done. definately a :blondmoment: , after all i have been using brushes for ages lol just couldnt get my head round what i was doing wrong lol

thanks so much for taking the time to answer me

Archived