Mothers Day Challenge

DDecker

With mothers day here in the US coming up this weekend I realized I don't have anything planned for my Mom or MIL. Yesterday afternoon I decided to create mini albums for them using 4X6 templates.

Here is my cover.

For my next page I am going to use the quote "A mother understands what a child does not say" from Jan Hick's Brush Set: Mother's Day Card Sentiments Biggie

I will post a few page prompts each day along with my layouts as I do them. My plan is to have a book completed by Friday so I can print them and create the books.

Here are a few things I have found browsing the boutique looking for products for my mini album.

AssembleYour Own Zoom Pages: 4x6 Dear Mom

AssembleYour Own Zoom Pages: 4x6 Such Is Life

BrushSet: 4x6 Fancy Words

Brush Set: 4x6 On the Go

Feel free to add to the list if you find something that would be great for a mom album!

There is also the SNU Design Pack Mother, SNU A waltz to Remember as both of them have good stuff for Mother's Day.

Side Note: I planned ahead and did shawls for all the mother's in my family. Rebekah's is finished and will be mailed to her tomorrow (she will get it by Saturday), Mom's is finished as it was finished within 2 days and I am just now finishing up weaving the ends in on Layna's Shawl. I'll start mine this afternoon and I will have mine finished by Saturday. So that means the Edwards, Hathaway and Vreeland women will all have nice shawls to wear to church on Sunday Morning :)

This is a great idea Dee! I think I will make one for my grandmother. We already have something planned for Akeem's mom. I'll be creating an altered frame for her to showcase photos of her and Akeem and his siblings when they were younger and present day. I'm also working on my Mother's Day cards today!

This will be our first Mothers' Day with no older generation moms to honor. This is a wonderful challenge Dee and maybe I'll do one for my daughter, mother of our first grandchild, Zoe.

Wow an album by Friday, I'm afraid that is only in my dreams!!! :disappearing-smilie: It would take me till Friday to decide what photos to use!!! Oh I so admire you girls who can do these layouts soooo quickly!!!

Ngaire, I have the same problem! I'm just going to do some layouts--not going to think beyond the page I'm working on and hopefully at the end, it will all go together! Wish me luck!!

Have you ever started one layout and ended up doing something totally different? That's what happened to me yesterday! I started my layout with Jan's word art and ended up with this layout. http://scrapgirls.com.ipbhost.com/index.php?app=gallery&module=images&section=viewimage&img=102007

I still will do with Jan's word art sometime today. I am going to thumb through Ro's quote book for more ideas too.

Have you ever started one layout and ended up doing something totally different? That's what happened to me yesterday when I went to do my layout with Jan's word art. I will do one today and am also going to thumb through Ro's ebook Scrapbook Quotes: The right quote for your scrapbook layouts for some more ideas. I keep forgetting how great a resource this book is!

Here is the layout I did yesterday of my brother and his wife. Bruce & Weng

Archived