Bracket Brushes In Psp Pro

Hello,

I am using PSP Pro and recently I downloaded the bracket brushes (ScrapSimple Tools - Shapes: Brackets 2101 Biggie) compatible with PSP. I saw a layout called Watercolor baby girl (111-000004-jde) in which this brush has been used. I would love to learn how the designer cut the paper in the shape of the bracket brush? I am attaching the example below:

My link

Thanks for your help

Hi, and welcome to Scrap Girls. I see this is just your 3rd post!

I use PSP and there are several ways to do this, that is if I completely understand your question. One way to do this is to put the paper you wish to be in the bracket shape on a layer under your background paper, and then use your brush as an "eraser" on the background paper. I think this is the easier way.

Another is to put your brush (bracket) on a separate layer, and brush or "stamp" the bracket wherever you want it in your design using black for the foreground color. Then put your desired paper on a layer above this brush, click on the eye to turn the visibility off. Making the brush layer active, select the bracket with the magic wand, go to Selections - Invert. Then go back to the paper layer, turn on the visibility and hit Delete. Your bracket should now be "filled" with the paper of your choice.

Hope this helps!

I don't have PSP but my guess is that the bracket shape was created by using the brush (or .png) to create a shape on a separate layer, layering a paper above the shape and then doing a clipping mask. I assume that PSP does clipping masks but I don't know the specifics for how you do it. Hopefully one of the PSP users will come along and give you better specifics.

Sara's second method - basically creating a mask with your brush then clipping the paper to it, is how I would choose to do it.

Welcome to SG!!

And yet another way is to place the png below your paper, select the png, activate your paper layer and promote the selection to a new layer. Selections>promote selection>new layer. Then you can take that bracket cut to your paper and add it to your layout. I do things this way with most of my brush png's because they can be much larger than PSP brush size max.

Isn't it fun how many ways there are to do the same thing?

Hi,

I was trying out each of your suggestions, so it has taken me sometime to respond. Thank You very much for all your responses. With your help I have finally learnt how to use the brackets tool. :thanks:

Archived