#1 jh992

jh992

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:15 AM

Hi there!

This goes out to Mac users who have moved over from PCs as they will know what I mean.

I've just moved all my scrapbooking files from my PC (via EHD) into my mac. The files are all organized the way Ro advised in her e-book.

In my PC days, I'd look for my supplies using the images on the folders (a sneak-peak) to see what each folder contains. I don't see this happening with my Mac folders. Also, sometimes the folder names are truncated, making it really frustrating to find what I want. Is there a setting that I've over-looked which would give me a preview of my folders? If not, are there any tips you can offer, to locate files. I'm sure you know, folder names in my Brushes folder like FloralMedley1_Special or FloralMedley2_Special don't really help when trying to select a brush.

Thanks for helping.

Cheers,
Lee
iMac
Lee
Scrapping in PSCS3
My Gallery

#2 Laurel Lakey

Laurel Lakey

Scrap Girls Product Designer

• Design Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,847 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:24 AM

Hi Lee!

I too, have a Mac and search things by folders like you do. The way that I create previews for my folders is like this: find the product page of the brush or collection or whatever you want to preview. Then right-click (or option+click if you don't have a 2 button mouse) on the image of the product and select copy image. Then find the folder in your files that you want to see the preview on. Right-click (or option+click) on the folder, then select Get Info. A box will pop up and in the top left corner you'll see a blue folder image, just like the one you see in the folder itself. Click on that folder and do Command+V to paste the product preview image onto the folder. Now your blue folder should have turned into a preview image in your window. You're all set!

I do this for all of my collections, embellishments, brushes, etc. It makes it a lot easier to see what you have to work with!

Good luck! :)

gallery_4739_461_28437.pngButton_Designer.png

Click on the images below to be taken to the Boutique.

S4H/SFO and commercial versions now available!

LLA_HappyDays_MKTG150.jpg LLA_SSDLT_Collaged_MKTG150.jpg LLA_EmbMini_Affirmations_MKTG150.jpg LLA_SSDLA_Mini_Confetti_MKTG150.jpg LLA_LPG_CollectionBiggie_MKTG150.jpg

#3 jh992

jh992

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:40 AM

Hi Lee!

I too, have a Mac and search things by folders like you do. The way that I create previews for my folders is like this: find the product page of the brush or collection or whatever you want to preview. Then right-click (or option+click if you don't have a 2 button mouse) on the image of the product and select copy image. Then find the folder in your files that you want to see the preview on. Right-click (or option+click) on the folder, then select Get Info. A box will pop up and in the top left corner you'll see a blue folder image, just like the one you see in the folder itself. Click on that folder and do Command+V to paste the product preview image onto the folder. Now your blue folder should have turned into a preview image in your window. You're all set!

I do this for all of my collections, embellishments, brushes, etc. It makes it a lot easier to see what you have to work with!

Good luck! :)

Wow, I'm so excited now. I'm off to try it! Thanks so much for your help!
Lee
Scrapping in PSCS3
My Gallery

#4 mrstucci

mrstucci

Super Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

Hi-I have never used a PC for my digi stuff but the only thing I wanted to add is that I use Brush Pilot to view my brushes.

Welcome to the World of Mac!!! Judy
PSE10
MacBook Pro (Unibody, 2.53mhz), Lion
Always digging for my "Roots"
The light of my life is my grandson, Austin, born 2 July 2009, my granddaughter, Ava Marie, born 9 April 2011.
I am my mom's caregiver and love her SO much! Update: she passed away 11 August, 2011. Still love her so much...

#5 jh992

jh992

Scrapper Next Door

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 04:30 AM

Hi-I have never used a PC for my digi stuff but the only thing I wanted to add is that I use Brush Pilot to view my brushes.

Welcome to the World of Mac!!! Judy

Thanks Judy.
Lee
Scrapping in PSCS3
My Gallery

#6 enjoyingtheartofit

enjoyingtheartofit

Scrapper Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

I'm a long time PC user who switched to a MAC two years ago. I absolutely love it! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Being creative with CS3

#7 metam

metam

New Scrapper on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:31 AM

Hi, I tried this but the only thing I see on the folder is a JPEG image (the same on every folder). Not the image I copied and pasted. Any solutions?

Greetings,
Meta
The Netherlands
Meta Meulenbelt
The Netherlands
I mainly use Photoshop CS4, but am also familiar with PE6 and Fireworks

#8 SandiC.

SandiC.

Countess of Classes

• Members
  • 9,344 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

I just searched the mac app store and there was no result for brush pilot. I use a great little app ($1.99) called telling folders. Simply drag the image you want onto the front of the folder then drag the folder. There is the jpg or png on the front of the blue folder. There's an option for emboss appearance, like the folders that come with the mac.
Posted Image

A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. ~Author Unknown

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Sara Arell

Sara Arell

Scrap Girls Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • 50,745 posts
  • Personal Statement:Let There Be Peace On Earth and Let It Begin With Me!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:47 AM

I just searched the mac app store and there was no result for brush pilot. I use a great little app ($1.99) called telling folders. Simply drag the image you want onto the front of the folder then drag the folder. There is the jpg or png on the front of the blue folder. There's an option for emboss appearance, like the folders that come with the mac.

Sandi, you always come up with the coolest ideas! I'll have to check that app out!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users