Challenges Anyone?

amandathor

As I'm a new digi scrapper, I love to do challenges to kick start ideas. I think from the great response to the "Do or Die, Christmas in July" contest, a lot of people like this sort of thing. I especially like doing challenges that have chats associated with them, along with a chat bonus and posting bonus. If we could have some monthly challenges, I think it would bring a lot more traffic to the site. More sales, too, if you had challenges that used certain kits that you put on sale for that challenge, or that you required the person to buy, but then gave out a free add-on as a posting bonus...

Is this something we could start doing more of on this site? I'd love to not have to go to a bunch of different sites to do these! How about all you digi scrappers? Do y'all like challenges?

I do like challenges! I do Betsy's every week! I have done a bunch of them here. I also like ones that have chats with them. I did do one on another site using one of there "sale" kits that had a posting challenge and found it an interesting idea.

I would like to see more here, I especially like the one we did where a bunch of people posted what we were to use and then when the list was full we did the Challenge! Fun!

Guest spec_ed
I just got into doing challenges and love them! However, I do not have a schedule that is flexible enough for me to take advantage of Betsy's Noon Crop every Monday ... on the other hand, if I did have the odd Monday free - how does the Noon crop work?

Guest spec_ed
I just checked out the Aug 1st challenge and have plans to do that too! I'm finding that challenges are a great way to motivate me to get my LO's done, while at the same time forcing me to be creative and add some variety in my album. Thanks for the games and challenges!!!

[quote name='sailbeachcatz177' post='53977' date='Jul 28 2006, 03:06 PM']I would like to see more here, I especially like the one we did where a bunch of people posted what we were to use and then when the list was full we did the Challenge! Fun![/quote]

I agree with Dee - love the list challenges. Wish I could do the Noon Crops, but that makes it rather early here in Hawaii - LOL! :bedtime:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest jklmscrapper
98% of my completed layouts come from challenges, but they are on other scrapsites using their kits or freebies. I have purchased A LOT of scrapgirls kits, templates, brushes etc and really need challenges to use them. That's just me... i need creative motivation and inspiration. Will scrap for challenges.

P.S. I cannot attend the crops. Do you post the challenges from the crops somewhere in the forum.

[quote name='spec_ed' post='54562' date='Aug 1 2006, 02:24 PM']I just got into doing challenges and love them! However, I do not have a schedule that is flexible enough for me to take advantage of Betsy's Noon Crop every Monday ... on the other hand, if I did have the odd Monday free - how does the Noon crop work?[/quote]

Challenges are really cool & wouldlove to see more here on scrap gils.
Bring em on !!!!!!! :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

Caren

Sorry, just seeing the High Noon Crop question -

Every Monday at Noon Eastern, I'm in the chat room to host (Though not for September, I have a little one on the way and am taking a break!) and there's a new challenge every week. Usually we chat for a bit, then I give out the challenge, and people get to work scrapping. It's an hour-long speed scrap challenge, and you'd be amazed how much you can get done in an hour! Some people chat and scrap, others just chat, others just scrap, and it's always a fun time! After an hour, people load their LOs to the High Noon Crop folder in the Classes and Chats section of the gallery and we all ooohhh and ahhhh over each other's take onthe challenge!

I agree. Most of my completed layouts are because of challenges. Would love to see more of that here at Scrapgirls. I have so many wonderful kits that I have purchased here, but I end up using other kits at other sites because of challenges they host. Since I work during the day, I cannot make it to most of the chats that are here because they are during the day. Hey - here's an idea - maybe we can post our own challenges as the community?

[quote name='jklmscrapper' post='57824' date='Aug 31 2006, 02:48 AM']98% of my completed layouts come from challenges, but they are on other scrapsites using their kits or freebies. I have purchased A LOT of scrapgirls kits, templates, brushes etc and really need challenges to use them. That's just me... i need creative motivation and inspiration. Will scrap for challenges.

P.S. I cannot attend the crops. Do you post the challenges from the crops somewhere in the forum.[/quote]

Guest lindyroz
Great Ideas everybody. I like challenges too, but my brain malfunctions with a scrap & chat deal, LOL, so I just do the posted ones without chat. I don't care for the "buy our kit first" chats. Finances prevent participation in those. So most of my kits are freebies or really, really on sale, and while I feel bad about posting things I've gotten from other sites, I do because this is the only place I post, and it's easier for me to forward a link from one site to family so they can enjoy them too. I picked up on the last 2 challenges in the newsletter, and more challenges would be great!

I like to do the challenges, too. My favorites types are:

1- the ones where you are given a list of what to have in your LO
2- sketches
3- WordArt
4- color challenges
5 - any LOL

I like to start off a weekly challenge with a chat. (Chatting with you ladies is fun! :D) The deadline to post would be for a week. Naturally, the challenge would be posted for those unable to attand the chat.

What kind of challenges does everyone else like?

Guest emactatty
hi all

i would love any type of challenge and/or games - I am in desperate need, I stopped smoking today and need to keep my hands busy - although I say any challenge I generally cant join in with the chats because of the time difference, but any that are posted Ill be there with bells on!!!!

bring on the challenges and games.....

[quote name='emactatty' post='58950' date='Sep 11 2006, 04:51 AM']hi all

i would love any type of challenge and/or games - I am in desperate need, I stopped smoking today and need to keep my hands busy - although I say any challenge I generally cant join in with the chats because of the time difference, but any that are posted Ill be there with bells on!!!!

bring on the challenges and games.....[/quote]

Congratulations on quitting smoking!! :banana:

Guest emactatty
[quote name='needmath' post='58960' date='Sep 11 2006, 02:01 PM'][quote name='emactatty' post='58950' date='Sep 11 2006, 04:51 AM']
hi all

bring on the challenges and games.....[/quote]

Congratulations on quitting smoking!! :banana:
[/quote]

:thankyou: needmath

Archived