Source For 6X6, 8X8, 12X12 Frames

mrstucci

Hi all! Today is my day for questions!

I am wondering where I can purchase frames for my digi layouts that are 8x8 and 12x12 size....... I have been to Michael's and found some 12x12 frames but they are metal and there weren't any 8x8 frames. Other than making my own, where do you all get frames for your layouts?? Of course the 8.5x11 are much easier to find.......... Thanks! Judy

I did find some 8x8 frames at Michaels. They only had one style, but they work. You may want to try searching for Michaels on line then do an entire store search for 8x8 frames. HTH :)

I wonder how difficult it would be to make them from decorative molding? I'm not at all mechanical but I wouldn't mind learning that skill. Oh the frames I could make......it would be a Dr. Seuss moment for sure.

I've found some 8x8 frames at Ollie's Bargain Outlet before. They were 4.99 and I snatched up every one they had. I think there's one in Frederick. Even if they don't, you're sure to find some photo albums, and it's so much fun shopping at Ollie's - it would be worth a trip!

I hadn't thought about Ollie's and you are right, there is one in Frederick! Thanks also for the tip about shopping at the scrapbooking stores-that's a great idea!

I have used the ones I have found at Michael's but was looking for some different ones. I had thought about making my own and I don't think that frame itself would be too difficult-will check at the library for a book on making frames or online. And I guess I could get the glass cut.........

Thanks one and all for those ideas. Need to stock up. And I have considered doing more 8.5x11's for just this reason-there are plenty of frames, in all kinds of styles! Thanks everyone! Judy

I love to get frames anywhere and everywhere, so I am not a good person for listing just one source. I've had good luck at Target - but I've also picked up some at Walmart, yard sales, thrift stores, a place we have here called Designers Warehouse, Big Lots and TJ Maxx. Sometimes these places are hit and miss, but I just keep an eye out and pick them up when I find the sizes I need and for the price I am willing to pay.

I found some at AC Moore. Although, I went the other day and they were out! I think the hard part of making your own would be the mitered corners unless you were able to find pieces that were already mitered.

Oh, no doubt about it, the mitered corners would be a bear to do! They have to be perfect with no gaps!! In a perfect world I would be out in my hubby's garage, making frame after frame, all perfect. But that is only in my dreams I am afraid. You all have given me hope that those sizes exist and to scoop them up when I find them. Judy

I took a framing class once, and gave up on the mitered corners. I think if you keep your eyes open, you'll find them in unexpected places and at good bargains. :)

Don't forget also to look for pre-framed "artwork" at places like Ross and TJ Maxx. I carry a tape measure in my purse for just such finds. Sometimes those are nice frames cheaper than you can buy them empty.

Ikea! I have many. They are lovely, black wood, with a large white mat, and a opening 12x12 inside the mat.

I don't know if you can get them online, I have only purchased them in the store.

As I mentioned, I've switched to 8.5x11 landscape, because it also works better on digital picture frames.

That said, I ran across a very intriguing product, mentioned on www.unclutterer.com, called Dynamic Frames. They make squares and rectangles, and are designed to store multiple pictures, for a quick-change gallery. Does anyone have any experience with these?

As I mentioned, I've switched to 8.5x11 landscape, because it also works better on digital picture frames.

That said, I ran across a very intriguing product, mentioned on www.unclutterer.com, called Dynamic Frames. They make squares and rectangles, and are designed to store multiple pictures, for a quick-change gallery. Does anyone have any experience with these?

I haven't seen these before Barbara, they sure look good! Thanks for sharing.

i did a google search for 12 x 12 and 8 x 8 frames and found some online and ordered just to have in case...i mostly print my lo in a book but sometimes i give one as a gift or want to display it

• 5 years later...
Hey :rolleyes: ,
Its so sad to know that you didn't found it at Michael's But don't be sad you can purchase them from some other websites.
:2468who-do-we-appreciate: I found my beautiful picture frame at http://www.arttoframe.com/12x12_picture_frames though I gifted it to my sister because she wanted to keep it.
You can also view the picture frame which I bought it for my home. :yippee:
429255a2032f6719fcf54b8de54f590f.image.5

I'm sure you will find some stunning picture frame too!

Happy shopping! :party-smiley-048:

Archived