Onatario, Canada

Hi everyone! I've been a member of Scrap Girls since September 2009 and have only met one person that I know of who lives in Canada and she lives on the East Coast. I'm making this post, in the hopes that I can meet members, who live in Ontario.

I live near Peterborough, which is located in Central Ontario, about 1 1/2 hours NE of Toronto. I would love to hear from other members who also live in Ontario - or in Canada somewhere. :-)

Wow! Janine, thanks for replying! I see so many that are from the same areas and I didn't know if there was anyone from Ontario. It's so cool that you've been to this area and I've also been in the London area, but it's been a while.

It's so nice to see that there is actually someone who is from the same province that I am. I don't think that I've met Amanda yet, but hopefully I will get to. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm from the west side of Canada-BC Rockies! I haven't been out east since I was a youngster, although my brother lives in Ontario and I have many relatives out in Ontario and in Quebec. In fact my parents have been out there for a month visiting everyone!

It's so nice to meet you! I have relatives that live in Alberta, but haven't been there since I was little. We used to travel by train to visit my grandparents, when they lived in Manitoba and we went to Alberta once when they moved there. It was during the Stampede, so we went to Calgary and met my uncle. After spending the day there, we went to Edmonton for our two week visit. I was very young at the time, but I remember the wonderful Klondike outfits and the wagons set up for gold panning - so many wonderful things to see and vibrant colours.

How nice for your parents to be able to travel around for a month and visit everyone. I hope that they have a great time and a safe journey. It sounds like they are driving and if they are, it will be so fabulous. There are so many beautiful sights to see along the way. From the prairies, with the horizon that never seems to end and the beautiful sunsets - to northern Ontario, with the rocks, lakes and forests - to the central Ontario with more lakes, fields with plantings and different types of animals and of course more trees. There's always something beautiful to see!

Thanks for replying to my thread! It's always nice to meet a fellow Canadian. I'll add you to my friends list. :-)

• 1 year later...

I'm from Kitchener/Waterloo area.

Hi! Welcome to Scrap Girls! It's great to meet someone who lives so close to me. Okay, so it's a few hours drive, but still rather close! lol Have a great day! :-)

Heatheranne, I'm in Ottawa :) not too far at all :) we've been here since 2000, originally from Winnipeg. And Javanilla (Lisa) is out your way somewhere I think.

we should see if we can do an Ontario (or Canada in general) meetup sometime :)

Yes, that's not too far. Actually, about the same distance the other side of me. lol

It seems that there are only a few of us who are from Ontario, then a few more Canada wide. It would be nice to have a meet up, but I can't see girls traveling across Canada to do it. Provincially, I see a possiblity, but then there are only a few of us. Of course, the girls from NY and a couple of the northern States might like to join in too. A border town would be a good place to meet, I suppose it's a possibility. :-)

I am just South of you in NY, only about 25 miles from the Ontario border!

I'm so terrible with geography! Your closest border would be near Cornwall, wouldn't it? If so, you're not far from Ottawa. I'm sort of central but north between all of your. lol :-)

I expect that this will be planned for a weekend, so I don't know why I'm saying anything, because I won't be able to go. My hubby isn't that understanding. Decide amongst yourselves, who your organizer will be. I know that you'll need to find out how many are interested and if there are members from other provinces as well as the States. A location needs to be chosen that is easily accessible by everyone and near a border if people are coming from the south. Toronto is a glitzy place, but not easy to get around in, especially for new comers to the city, so a nice little resort area would probably be a better place and the prices should be reasonable, because the season is pretty much done. Oh - a date - you need to choose a date far enough away, that people's calendars aren't already booked, but near enough that the weather is still good - so October would be good and remember the last weekend is out because of Halloween. lol

One of you start a new thread and call for members who are interested in this, then go on and make your plans. Have a great time with this journey girls. I wish I could be part of it! :-)

Shannon, I don't know how far it is for yout to the border, but the midway point between Ottawa and London, looks to be Oshawa. It's not near a border. If Shannon's drive up to the border is long, then it would make sense to go a little east of Oshawa - perhaps Port Hope area. Port Hope is a lovely little place and there are a few more small towns near it that would likely have suitable lodgings. I'm north of both of the places that I've mentioned, but it would only be a little more than an hour for me to get to either. As I said before, I wouldn't be able to go for a weekend, but if you girls work something out and who's your organizer, I can likely make some calls and check a couple of places out for you. :-)

• 2 months later...

I'm not from Ontario but I am from Canada. Actually I live out on Vancouver Island off the coast of British Columbia. In a small town just north of Victoria. It's nice to find other Canadians here.

Alice

Hi Alice! Welcome to Scrap Girls! It's always nice to meet someone from Canada. There are a few Canadians on this site and some of them have joined in on this thread. I've seen photos of BC - such a beautiful area! We do have a lot of beautiful scenery in Canada, which is great for anyone who likes to take a camera along. It's nice to meet you and I'm looking forward to seeing you on the boards. :-)

Enjoying reading this, even though I'm way down in Miami, Florida. My bestest friend lives in Toronto. I have visited a few times and I just love it up there! Visiting the other side, Vancouver, is on my bucket list. :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone! I've been a member of Scrap Girls since September 2009 and have only met one person that I know of who lives in Canada and she lives on the East Coast. I'm making this post, in the hopes that I can meet members, who live in Ontario.

I live near Peterborough, which is located in Central Ontario, about 1 1/2 hours NE of Toronto. I would love to hear from other members who also live in Ontario - or in Canada somewhere. :-)

I'm in Oakville, about 30 minutes West of Toronto :D

I know I'm about a year late in this thread but I thought I would add my location in

I'm from Milton, ON, about 45min west of Toronto... I have lots of family in the Peterborough area

I'm just south of you in Oakville

I know I'm about a year late in this thread but I thought I would add my location in

I'm from Milton, ON, about 45min west of Toronto... I have lots of family in the Peterborough area

I'm just south of you in Oakville

yeah, you aren't far at all, I'm in Oakville every once in a while

Archived