Extractnow

I just read about ExtractNow in the SG University HERE and three times I have tried to run it, but it won't. It installs successfully, but when I try to run it, instead of opening, it gives me this "Software Protection" warning: "Integrity check failed (file altered or modified)!" with just an OK button for me to click on.

Any idea what I can do to make it work? The ExtractNow website offers no help. I'm on a Windows Vista laptop.

Or is there another program that extracts multiple files? I've been extracting all my files one at a time for years, and didn't even know I could possible extract them all at once! Would love to!

Thanks!!!

Dont forget to download it to "another folder" just incase. . . .But I am running it on XP and Windows 7. . .in fact I just installed it to Win7 this past week and runs FINE (so far) teeheedisappearing-smilie.gif

I get the same message when I try to install it. I have a 64 bit machine, and I wondered if that was the problem.

oh how funny Joyce. . .didn't see ya here. . .I'm running 64-bit too Joyce and it installed fine. . .giv'er another try. . .yea know ya wanna (teehee)

I use Extract Now on a 64 bit machine and have no problems at all. Maybe the download is corrupt. Try downloading to a new location like the others have said. If that doesn't work, I'd check the extract now website and see if they have an email address or FAQ that might help you.

Last night I did uninstall and re-install in a different location, and the website's FAQ has no help for this and says they don't offer support because it's freeware.

I had to ask my husband about 64 bit, and he showed me where to look to find out what my laptop is. Turns out it's 32. It sounds like that doesn't make a difference with this program, but just in general, I'm curious if it does. My husband says it doesn't. But he doesn't scrapbook. Would it make a difference in the performance of PSE?

Anyway, I decided to try again a few minutes ago, and ExtractNow is working. I did it in another location on my hard drive again, and this time I also closed all other applications, because it suggests that. (I know other programs suggest that too, though, and I have installed them just fine anyway.) At last, the program ran instead of giving me an error message.

Shall I go celebrate with a new purchase in the boutique so I can give ExtractNow a workout? ;)

Last night I did uninstall and re-install in a different location, and the website's FAQ has no help for this and says they don't offer support because it's freeware.

I had to ask my husband about 64 bit, and he showed me where to look to find out what my laptop is. Turns out it's 32. It sounds like that doesn't make a difference with this program, but just in general, I'm curious if it does. My husband says it doesn't. But he doesn't scrapbook. Would it make a difference in the performance of PSE?

Anyway, I decided to try again a few minutes ago, and ExtractNow is working. I did it in another location on my hard drive again, and this time I also closed all other applications, because it suggests that. (I know other programs suggest that too, though, and I have installed them just fine anyway.) At last, the program ran instead of giving me an error message.

Shall I go celebrate with a new purchase in the boutique so I can give ExtractNow a workout? wink.gif

So glad you got it working! No, my computer-geek son says 32 bit doesn't matter, that's what I have and I run PSC4, PSE 8 plus a ton of other programs too.

I think with the sale and coupon, you SHOULD go shopping to celebrate!!! LOL

I wholeheartedly agree...celebration is in order with a nice big trip through the boutique!;) After all, ExtractNow is free, so you have extra money to spend, right? :) LOL!

PS: Never come here to the board if you are looking to save money!! heehee

I wholeheartedly agree...celebration is in order with a nice big trip through the boutique!wink.gif After all, ExtractNow is free, so you have extra money to spend, right? smile.gif LOL!

PS: Never come here to the board if you are looking to save money!! heehee

I so agree Cheri! I placed 2 orders in 2 days and my Evernote is still full.....sigh.....

I knew you'd all support me in celebrating by shopping in the boutique.

Say, if I've already used the extra coupon once, can I use it again today?

It left me use it twice!!!

After reading all the posts, I deleted it from my computer and reinstalled it. My C drive has two folders for Program Files, (I have no idea why) and I put it in the other one. And, guess what, it worked. So I'll try it out tomorrow when the club comes.

Archived