Nikon... Canon... Nikon... Canon... Nikon... Canon...

Reminiscing

Only 58 photos? C'mon Michele, get going. LOL. I think I filled up a 4 GB card the first day I had my first DSLR. Congratulations. I'm sure you'll love this camera for a long time. There's a lot of training available on the Canon website. I also recommend the Digital Field Guide or the Magic Lantern Guide for your camera, either is so much easier to understand than the manual that comes with the camera. Lark also has videos about the various cameras that walk you through all the features and controls and menus.I found that very helpful when first starting out. And when you're not taking photos and scrapping them, you can write. I think you've got a another talent there too.

• 1 year later...

Michele, it's been a year now. Are you glad you decided on the Canon?

I'm in the same boat you were a year ago - can't decided on the Canon or the Nikon. And I am a VERY undecisive person! I have wanted a DSLR for a long time - but I can't make the decision!

Your story was very entertaining. You could have switched my name in there and my husband would have believed it was me.

Deb

Hi Deb,

I am very happy with my Canon. I can't really say it's better than Nikon, since I have only just held a Nikon a couple of times. The Canon felt better in my hands when I tried them both at the store last year. I have read some things that have made me glad I have a Canon, though they may be trivial and/or just a matter of what I'm used to. For example, just today I learned that the exposure meter is "backwards" ;) on the Nikon, compared to the Canon.

So you have been to the store and really spent some time test-driving the cameras? I kept reading that that is very important and I found that only when I did that was I able to get anywhere near making a choice.

Good news is, I bet you'll like whichever one you choose! You'll learn how to use it and love it. They're both great cameras.

Archived