Canon T1I And Video Uploading And Organization

Hello!

Apparently PSE5's uploader doesn't recognize video files from the Canon Rebel T1i. Before, with my Sony Cybershot, my routine was to upload all my photos and videos at once from my camera to my computer, using PSE's upload dialogue, renaming the files "date_001, date_002, etc" as it went. This was great, for then when I upload them again to my Smugmug (photosharing and backup site) they are in chronological order, videos included. Easy!

Unfortunately, now, with my Canon T1i, this process only works for the still shots. The videos don't even appear in the PSE uploader dialogue box at all. I tried the uploader program that came with the camera, but I don't like it. I don't see a way to caption the photos, something very important to me. (I don't tag my photos, but I use Organizer to caption them every time!)

I'm wondering how others upload and organize their videos. Does anyone else care about having videos interspersed chronologically with still photos, as I do? Would a later version of PSE recognize Canon's video files? They're .MOV files. Is there another program you recommend? Oh, I've tried Picasa already, and it doesn't "see" them either. I'm about to try to get my old copy of ACDSee off my old computer and onto my laptop (I hope) and try that. Someone in the Canon camera forum said they use Aperture, but that's only for Mac, right? I'm using Vista on a laptop, which, incidentally is running low on space, so I'm reluctant to be adding new software.

One more thing, this is a problem even with the lowest resolution videos. I'm not even trying HD anymore. I couldn't get those to upload at Smugmug or even One True Media! Bummer.

Anyway, please share how you deal with videos. Thanks!

Archived