Ayo Page Kits And Alphas Using Ro's Method

makib1218

Now that I have unzipped and organized all my SG items (took 3 days, I had 2 years worth to catch up on) I'd love to know the best way to handle AYO page kits and Alphas. Using Ro's method of organizing, do you keep them together in their individual folders within the categories or,do you break them out like the other items?

Tired now, going to bed - my eyes are crossing :rolleyes:

Thanks alot ladies!

Hi Maureen, I use Ro's method with some tweaking that works for me. I need to see my collections, and AYO Zoom pages together, so I keep them that way... it just works for me. There are ladies who break everything up too. It all depends what you like, and how you like to find your products. Some people like to open a folder for "flowers" and see all their flowers at once. I personally need to see a collection together, it's just how my brain works ;). When I need something specific whether it is an embellishment or wordart I just search "ribbon", "bow", "Sister". or whatever I need and I see all of those items.

So to make a long story short, whatever works for you! You will get the feel for what is right for you!!

Congratulations on getting everything all sorted and organized, that's a HUGE job!!

I mentioned this before, but I've given up on ONE system. :-)

I leave the kits intact on my hard drive, e.g. Kit Name and Artist Initials with subfolders for Paper, Alphas, Embellishments, Word Art, Zooms, etc. Scrap Simple is all one folder for each set of SSPaper, or a Folder for a set of tools like Purses Bags VRA this month, with a separate folder for each one, both PNGs and PSDs. On my external hard drive, I have them by Paper, subdivided into color groups, Alphas, Embellishments subdivided into "bows & ribbons," "staples & fasteners," "buttons & brads," etc. (about 25 groups.) Same for Word Art, e.g. "ArticlesConjunctionsPronouns," "VirtuesAttributes," "ThanksGratitude," etc. About 30 groups here.

ScrapSimple embellishments and Word Art are mixed in with kits on external, so I don't forget about them.

My friend Jan has the same system, but locations swapped. Both sets help me out, in different ways. Yes, it takes more space, but it also amounts to more backups, too! If you have the space, it's useful to consider. Hope this helps.

Archived