Joining The Lightroom Crowd

Becca

Fedex tracking says my copy of LR3 should be here today! I'm excited! And with the sale, you can bet I'm stocking up on some of Katherine's presets!

Anyone have some "got to know this" tips about Lightroom for me?

Congratulations, Becca! I had a little fun with the beta, but never really took the time to get to know my way around. Was afraid I'd fall in love and I just can't afford it. Have lots of fun!

Congratulations Becca! I have LR2. I guess my favorite tool in LR are the Presets. They are as addicting as styles are for Photoshop! There are a ton of freebies out there - just Google LR presets. I have all of Katherine's and I also took her class. Her class was great and really got me going using LR. I also Have Scott Kelby's LR book.

Have fun - enjoy and play!

I have LR2 but never use it...

Come to think of it - it's not even installed on my new laptop!!!

I guess I need to install it and start playing with it...

I did use LR1 some on my old, old desktop and quite liked it!

Do I detect a pattern here?

Have Lensbaby - never used it...

Have LR2 - never used it...

Maybe if I stopped shopping and actually made use of what I have? :disappearing-smilie:

OK Thess - time to break that pattern! Get your unused stuff out and start playing! If you don't, I'll be forced to fly to Sweden and take possession of that Lensbaby! lol

How about posting some Lensbaby photos after your weekend? Are you up for the challenge?

OK Thess - time to break that pattern! Get your unused stuff out and start playing! If you don't, I'll be forced to fly to Sweden and take possession of that Lensbaby! lol

How about posting some Lensbaby photos after your weekend? Are you up for the challenge?

I'll take that challenge, Margot! I just hope Midsummer doesn't rain away over here...

And I promise to post photos when I've played some!

:dancingchicken2:

Thess, that pattern sounds awfully familiar...oops!

Why don't we let ourselve play with our beautiful new toys????

:)

LOL! I've spent almost an hour taking photos of my blooming Peonies after coming home from work!

I used my Lensbaby AND a 90mm f2.8 macro-lens I didn't even know I had... I guess I took about 150 photos, half with every lens...

Tomorrow I'm going to install LR2 on my laptop and play with those pics!

I think the best tip I ever got was to begin by looking at the presets and their settings. If you go through one photo on every possible preset (and I do have all of Katherine's too lol) then you get a feeling for what you can do with Lightroom. Tweaking it the way you want is much easier after that.

PS: Remember to look for Katherine's Lightroom class too!

I have Lightroom too and have not used it once. I guess the learning curve is more than I want to deal with. But I really like Becca's idea of buying all of Katherines presets with the sale and coupon! Maybe if I had those neat things I'd be more likely to use the program? Hmmm. Maybe I should go shopping!

Thess, that pattern sounds awfully familiar...oops!

Why don't we let ourselve play with our beautiful new toys????

:)

LOL! I've spent almost an hour taking photos of my blooming Peonies after coming home from work!

I used my Lensbaby AND a 90mm f2.8 macro-lens I didn't even know I had... I guess I took about 150 photos, half with every lens...

Tomorrow I'm going to install LR2 on my laptop and play with those pics!

WAY TO GO THESS! :sign_Congrats_wav::welldone4jb::groupwave2: Guess I don't have to fly to Sweden - darn. Can't wait to see the photos! hint....hint

It sounds like we're all in good company. Sadly, I have LR2 and only use it to upload my photos just in case I get around to learning how to use. I also have all Katherine's presets. I'm trying to curb my SG spending since I haven't used 75% or more of the stuff I've bought. My stash is huge and my scrapping has been non-existant. Sigh.

I've been using the beta and its absolutely fabulous. One thing I use it for is adding keywords and ratings for my photos and sorting them into catalogues. Much easier to find and play with later then. I also love the ease of making photo contact sheets and slideshows. And the photo adjustments are incredible. I'm learning more about each of the various adjustments but I agree, presets are fun. I've made a few of my own now and its easy to do.

Wow... I finally had some time to install and play with LR and Katherine's presets last night. Presets are da bomb! I can see how they'll be as addicting as Styles - with a click of a button and I have a wonderfully edited photo! I started out with just two - her Classic B&W and the Vintage Postcard, but I think I'm going to have to go back today for more.

Archived