2 replies to this topic

#1 Virginia Adkins

Virginia Adkins

Good Scrapper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 07:47 PM

Is there any way to make the styles from the boutique work in Gimp? I have a few free ones from various places and then also what came with the refresh pack - but I don't know how to put them in my program? Can anyone with any experience give me advice?

#2 AggieB

AggieB

Scrap Girl Messageboard Wise One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,605 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:57 PM

I haven't been able to figure out how to use the styles in GIMP, but I hope some knows too.

gallery_17848_304_78298.gif

December 2010 Member of the Month

#3 BarbaraC1977

BarbaraC1977

Organizational Diva -- loves to play with supplies!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

I tried to add styles to GIMP a while back, and checked the various forums messages I could find. Best I could find this evening is that you really can't do it easily. There are some ways to get close, using downloaded scripts, but I didn't have the time or patience to experiment with them tonight. My problem is that since my computers are used for software development, I have to be very careful when I install "free" scripts for experimentation.

I like Gimp, and if you need to stay on a budget, I'd suggest this: either buy PSE on sale, or pick up an older copy of PS or PSE from someone who didn't need it for upgrade. I have a copy of PS7 that wasn't part of the pricing when I bought PS CS4, and it support styles just fine. However, my copy has been offered to someone else at the moment. If she doesn't buy it, I may be able to let it go for very little.

In GIMP, you can click the Plus sign near the bottom for "Select File Type," on the File, Save As window. Save as a PSD, and I bet you can open in PS or PSE and apply the styles, then go back to Gimp if needed. I'll try to verify this in the next day or two. It works for Corel Photo Paint and Paint Shop Pro, so I suspect it will work here.

gallery_17172_358_42296.png
SGblinkie.gif  SG_BB_LoveThis.png  BLINKIES_MOM-Past.gif
Scrapper | Wife | Mother | Friend | Soprano | Traveler
Rotarian | CEO, Auction Systems
| Recovering Perfectionist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users