Congratulations Annbk!

CRS

I am still just numb with surprise over this honor, and I so appreciate all your kind comments.

I have no idea how much or little you all want to know about me, or how much or little you already know! So I'll just throw out some random facts. I stumbled upon this site quite by accident, and have been so happy that accidents like that happen. I never ever heard of digital scrapbooking until my DH (of 47 years now) and I traveled to Africa. I had wonderful pictures and wanted to make a photo book for our four grandsons. My iPhoto program was great for creating a slide show and editing the photos, but it had no way to add text to the images. Then I stumbled across Photoshop Elements.....and everything just sort of snow balled from there. I struggled with PSE for a while, and then, miracle of miracles, a class in digital scrapbooking with PSE was offered at our local community college, just a five minute drive from our house. I look back on those early pages and cringe...I do hope I've improved with age!

On the personal front, my DH and I retired in 1996 after 20 years in Alaska and found the charming community of Bend, Oregon. We have been here since, loving the active life style, with golf and hiking in the summer and duplicate bridge and traveling to far away places in the winter. We have an amazing set of friends, and feel very blessed to have found such a wonderful place to enjoy our senior years.

As for a favorite layout, that's sort of like asking which of your children you like the best! But, I did pick one, it's fairly current and is one page for a book I'm making for my two children and their children. It features their grandfather (my FIL) as a very young lad at summer camp. He passed away 10 years ago and we have just come into possession of a treasure trove of old photos and documents. His life was certainly an interesting one, and I hope the younger generation enjoy getting to know him better. BILL AT CAMP

Thanks again for all your kind comments, I cherish each and every one and value your friendships more than you could ever know!

Congratulations, Ann - a well deserved honor! You contribute so much to SG and are always ready with a kind word or advice - wear your crown proudly! I did email you congratulations when I heard but wanted to make sure I posted it on here too.

Such a bright and shining star on SG - Ann, you so deserve this honor and I know you are wearing that crown proudly. I am so happy that you are our July MOM!

Ann, you are a kindred spirit. I love your layout and the cool idea of tinting the most important (to you) person in an old picture. I will remember that idea. You like the same kits as me and scrap similarly. Maybe someday I'll meet you somewhere. Congratulations!

Thanks to you all again...it is such an honor, and I just can't send you all personal note...my mother would be horrified! It's a real blessing to have this wonderful second home, and a great bunch of really good friends...I treasure each and every one of you!

........Ann, you are the treasure here! I loved your remark about "your Mom would be horrified that you didn't write a personal note to everyone" I was brought up that way too - and it still sticks with me but of course one can't do that for something like this. My dh laughs at me on Christmas - I am hustling to write my thank you notes by that evening and it's all because "Mama said" so many years ago.

You've been an awesome MOM this month. I so enjoy having you for a friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived