July Monthly Layout Contest

PBarnes

Most all countries have a national holiday. The time of the year varies across our wide world but July 1st is Canada Day and the United States celebrates Independence Day on July 4th. For this month's layout contest, we want you to create a layout showing us something about what you do to celebrate your nation or show your patriotism. Post your layouts in the July Gallery before Midnight MT on July 31st. Be sure to list your credits in the description or under the EXIF Properties. If your layout is one of the two chosen, you will win a $10 gift certificate to the Scrap Girls Boutique!

The gallery is here.

Pat

I had a baby on the 1st of July! Does that count? I'm afraid that I don't do much to celebrate any more and I don't have photos of anything that I did in the past. So I'm not sure if there's anything that I can do for this challenge.

I'm hoping to go to the fireworks this year, and maybe even see a parade or something. There's always a flag flying somewhere Heatheranne, maybe you can snap a photo of one and find a way to scrap that? I'm sure you'll think of something, you're so creative!

Do you put out a flag on national holidays, Heatheranne? That's doing something. Or you could do a journaling page about what living in your country means to you.

I don't put up a flag, but may be able to take a photo of one or two that are up - thanks for the idea. Journaling is something that I can likely put together as well - thank you. :-)

Heatheranne, you can always buy a flag and take pictures of it being put up. That would make a cute layout.

This year we are going to my cousin Ralph and Marie's annual 4th of July BBQ, where I will take lots of photos. And the on Sunday July 4th, we are going on a 4th Of July Fireworks Cruise on the Hudson. Lots of photo ops there. And I have my handy little Gorilla Tripod all ready to go. Woo Hoo! I'm all ready to go.

I missed June's Layout Contest, so I hope to make this one.

Thanks Carol, but I don't think that I'll be doing that one. I spend most of my time alone, so I can't put up and flag and take photos of it - I'm just not that good. roflol I do appreciate that thought though. :-)

Sounds like a lot of fun Carol! That cruise must be awesome.

Carol brings a good idea too. If there are fireworks displays in your area, Heatheranne, you might want to try getting some pics!

Thanks Pat. I was thinking of that and am charging my batteries right now. I've never had a night photo turn out yet, but there's always a first time. I was looking for some information that I saw about taking photos at night, but can't seem to find it and I'm sure that I recorded it somewhere. lol :-)

Heatheranne, here is a link to a photography site that Angela (I think it was her) listed in a thread this morning. It has some great advice for taking photos of fireworks.

http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-tips-for-beginners

You might have to do a little search once you are at the site, but you will find lots of fabulous stuff there. Let me check again. BRB

Woo Hoo, I found the link for the fireworks page: http://digital-photography-school.com/tips

Have fun looking.

Oh wow! thanks Carol! I've been looking through a book that I bought, but do you think it has the word night or dark in the titles? No! There's a lot with the word white - I wonder if I have to worry about white? lol It's almost time to go, but I'll spend a few minutes with the links that you were so kind to provide for me - I've already bookmarked them. :-) I'll take the book with me and if I have to, I'll shoot in auto mode with a big lens and see what happens. roflol.. too funny! Thanks again. :-)

Well, as usual, I'm working on the 4th. Is that something that's patriotic, working to take care of sick people, most of whom are without insurance or means to pay? Maybe my fave ICU nurse (here at this hospital Steph, you're still my all time fave) will be working, he's a veteran and loves our country. I could do a LO about how we celebrate here at work. Nurses are the best providers of goodies for the staff lounges.

Thanks again everyone for your great suggestions. I did go out to the fireworks for this year and snapped some photos. The only reason that they turned out at all, is because of the camera, not because of any technique that I don't have. roflol

Sky Garden

I used a different background paper, instead of a photo and submitted Sky Garden, along with a Journaling page to the Club Gallery. :-)

Thanks for looking and thanks for the challenge Pat. :-)

Still working on mine - trying - my back chose this week to act up and although I am just sitting here and could do a layout I really need to be lying down most of the time - I am very tired of lying down - this gets old really fast - will do my best!

Archived