Laptop Shut Down... Can't Reboot

My Scraptop failed in the middle of my photo project tonight. It won't reboot...

I will take it to my SIL tomorrow to have a "look see". If we cannot get it booted, we can at least

extract my new pics from the hard drive (hopefully).

So... DH said tonight we may need to get me a new "scrap top". I researched PC's and drool over the MacPro he has.

I know this subject is over discussed, but do I really get more "bang" for my buck with a Mac?

Will I need to repurchase PS again? (so many questions, so much to ponder!)

BTW, I cannot chat on this desktop, and DH desktop is occasionally available, so I can't go chat much

for now.

UPDATE:

Went down to check all the connections and found one section loose.Back in business... ready to back up!

I'm so sorry to hear about your 'Scraptop'! Is there a chance that it filled up? You can probably get into it in safe mode and delete a few things that you don't care about. From there you can save anything that you haven't saved so far, then delete them to make space. If that's what's wrong, then you likely do need a new 'Scraptop' or at least some space.

As far as I know, you get the best bang for your buck, with a PC, then a laptop. There are a lot of people who use Mac's, but you pay much more for the same speed and space in a Mac. Do some searches and ask more questions to find out what you need and really want.

If your present machine is PC - laptop, then you will have to purchase a product that is Mac compatible, unless you recently purchased PS, then apparently you can get an exchange. I'm sure that someone will come along who will give you that information. Remember that if you change over to a Mac, that most of your software that you use now, will have to be repurchased to get Mac compatible software and some software for a PC doesn't have compatible software for a Mac and the visa versa is true.

Mac's can be partitioned to run Pc/laptop software, but if you're going to do that, then why spend the extra for a Mac, just to use it like a PC/laptop. Whatever you decided to get, remember that's it's the speed and space that you need in it, as well as a good graphics card. Even the space can be short, if you like to use EHD's, but speed is important - graphics too. If you see a machine that is set up for gamers, then it's setup for photo software, since gamers need great graphics, speed and space.

I hope this helps a little and I'm sure that many others will offer more information. In the end, it's your research that will make your end decision. Happy shopping! I hope you find what you need and want. :-)

lol The easiest fix and not always the first that's thought of. I'm so happy that you found the problem and are 'back in business'! Have a great day! :-)

Does this mean that you don't get a new 'Scraptop'? :-(

Archived