Looks Like My Camera Is Kaput!

CRS

I'm at my dad's house on one of the Finger Lakes in NY and I took out my camera and the lens took forever to extend. But I got the shots I wanted and put it away. The next time I got it out, only an hour later, the lens won't work. I get nothing and it won't go back in and I get an error message. I googled that and tried all the tips to get it working and nothing....

I'm in mourning. I absolutely love that camera. I've had it for nearly 5 yrs, so I have gotten my money's worth, but I hate to look for a new one now. From what I've read, getting it repaired may cost more than the camera is worth. So, once I get home, I'll look it over again and take it somewhere to see what my options are. Until then, I'll have to make due with my dh's point and shoot. I just hate the thought of working with another camera!

Ugh.....

I"m sorry your camera is Kaput. I had that same experience last year at the SG convention. I shopped it for a long time, but 2 weeks ago I came home with a new Canon. I hope you find a camera that you like too. In the meantime, do you have a point and shoot you can use?

Oh, Carla, I'm so sorry your camera decided to go kaput right now - don't you hate it when you get so comfortable with a piece of equipment and know everything about it and kaput! I am sure you will find some wonderful new camera to buy now though - and it's always fun to have a new camera - so much more to them now - there are things on my new camera I'm still learning to use. Sometimes I get a little frustrated and pull out my old camera and use it instead.

Happy shopping for that new camera!

Hugs,

Sara

I'm sorry to hear about your camera, Carla. I hope that you can get the perfect replacement for it, if you can't get it repaired. Wouldn't it be nice if a simple cleaning would get it working perfect again? :-)

Thanks, Everyone! I'll be using dh's point and shoot until I can figure out what to do. You know, it's funny. I was in Target on Thursday and happened to walk past the cameras. I acutally stopped and picked up one to look at.....

Taps for the camera :(

But what a wonderful excuse to get a new one. There are so many new options out there since I got mine 3 years ago. I'd love to be looking for a new one, but since I inherited Andy's camera & have 2 others of my own it's just not in the picture right now.

Happy hunting!

It's said that everything happens for a reason, so I guess it's time for a new camera. Have fun shopping for one and I hope you get exactly what you want. :-)

Archived