Worldwide Photowalk

SandiC.

The 24th of this month is the 3rd annual Worldwide Photowalk started by Scott Kelby. There are over 1000 locations and over 23000 people registered so far. Its FREE!!!!! This is the first year I get to participate and I'm excited. I'm doing the one in Springfield, MO. I saw that Carol (lorac) is doing the one in Central Park. Who else is doing it? I'm very excited about it!!!!!.

I'm signed up for the walk in Westerville, OH and am so excited. This will be my 2nd year participating. I had a great time last year and am looking forward to it even more this year.

I posted about this mb a while ago I away so can't use computer to find the post I think there r a few others who r signed up I doing coney island w sh dh will being using my point and shoot. The one I doing is in thei middle of the day so if it is too hot Iay not be able to do iit

Btw many of the walks fill up so sign up if u think I want to go

This is so exciting! I had to google it! Someone has organized the first annual photo walk for Peterborough! It's for the downtown area but the walk goes past a park and along a river. I will be in the first annual photo walk for the area! Isn't that exciting? Thank you for posting this thread! It's inspired me to try something new - I'm so excited! :-)

Just looked it up for our area & there are two within 50 miles. Will have to talk to DH, but I would sure love to go! I'm certainly no professional photographer, but it sounds like so much fun. Thanks for the post, I would never have known about it without seeing it here. :2468who-do-we-appreciate:

You don't have to worry about being a professional photographer, Ann. I was a little intimidated because I didn't have a DSLR, but there were a couple of other P&S being used and nobody made any snide remarks about my camera. :) Nobody has to see what you have taken either, unless you want them too. Usually the organizer of the one you attend will have set up a Flickr account to post your photos to but it's completely optional. Just go and have fun!

The 24th of this month is the 3rd annual Worldwide Photowalk started by Scott Kelby. There are over 1000 locations and over 23000 people registered so far. Its FREE!!!!! This is the first year I get to participate and I'm excited. I'm doing the one in Springfield, MO. I saw that Carol (lorac) is doing the one in Central Park. Who else is doing it? I'm very excited about it!!!!!.

So, why did you chose Springfield?? Just curious......lol-if you were doing the KC walk, I'd jump right in.

St. Louis anyone?

Columbia?

I can't wait for the 24th. My new camera will be here the week before, so I'll have time to play with it before the Central Park Walk. I talked one of my friends to sign up and he will be going along with me. I missed last years walk and I am so looking forward to this years.

I hope that it's a little cooler by then with less humidity. But then, there are plenty of trees in CP and I always take water with me whenever I go. And CP has lots of places throughout the park that sell water, and in this heat you need it.

Wow! I don't believe it! Thought for sure I would have to go somewhere other than Hendersonville, but there is one right here in town and I am all signed up for it. Woo-Hoo

Thanks, Sandy for letting us know about this. I am hoping there will also be something in our newspaper about it.

There isn't a walk in my area this year, unfortunately. Last year it was so funny. It was a rural walk and there had been SO much rain in the preceding weeks making the foliage grow, that at times it was like walking through a jungle. The photos were certainly different.

I googled it and there are two in Memphis on the 26th. I signed DH and myself up for the one that is downtown, by the river. I just hope it's not too much walking for us. But we can always drop out if it gets too tiring. It's early in the morning, so hopefully it won't be too hot.

There are a couple here in St. Louis - one in downtown, and one in Forest Park. I have a friend's wedding to attend that afternoon, but I think I can squeeze in the morning walk. The Forest Park walk starts at our zoo, and then progresses through Forest Park, the Muny, the Boathouse. Should be an awesome walk!

I signed up for the one here and just got my confirmation back a few minutes ago - the schedule they showed should be quite interesting - a lot of it will be through the historic part of Hendersonville.

So, why did you chose Springfield?? Just curious......lol-if you were doing the KC walk, I'd jump right in.

St. Louis anyone?

Columbia?

I'm working in West Pains next week so the Springfield one was closer. Also the KC one was in the West bottoms, last year it was at the plaza. I hope you can get to one of them. I'm looking forward to meeting the new folks posting for my group. Almost all are real amateurs like me, so I'm not too intimidated.

Thanks Sandi for the reminder, I wouldn't have remembered otherwise. The Seattle walks are full but I did manage to get into Tacoma. Looking forward to a fun day.

Tina, last year I was in Tacoma and I tried to sign up for that one, but it was too late. I have tons of pics from around Tacoma. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

There's only one walk in all of Alaska...in Kodiak (about 650 miles from us as the crow flies...and that's the only way to get there). Tried to start a new walk, but missed the deadline for this year. There are plenty of photographers here in our little northwest town as well as tourists this time of year. I think I'll talk to some of them now and plan to do one next year. While we don't have a LOT of downtown, it's very historical and interesting to photograph. We could also do a walk out in the country....just gorgeous. I'm already excited for next year!

There's only one walk in all of Alaska...in Kodiak (about 650 miles from us as the crow flies...and that's the only way to get there). Tried to start a new walk, but missed the deadline for this year. There are plenty of photographers here in our little northwest town as well as tourists this time of year. I think I'll talk to some of them now and plan to do one next year. While we don't have a LOT of downtown, it's very historical and interesting to photograph. We could also do a walk out in the country....just gorgeous. I'm already excited for next year!

What a fantastic idea! I'm cheering for you! It sounds like you could do a tour of town, then take a stroll along a river or something, perhaps there's an escarpment that will fit in the walk. Our walk starts downtown, at a restaurant and goes down the river, to the marina, back and across the river, then to a park, then back downtown, to a different restaurant, via a different street.

I've been thinking of finding out if there is anyone in the rural area where I live that would be interested in a photo walk and organizing one for this area. Millbrook is a small town near where I live and has the most lovely historical buildings. There have been many films made there, like Music Man and History of Violence, to name a couple of recent ones. This reminds me that I have a couple of folders full of photos taken during the filming of Music Man! lol The Mill Pond and paths are always worth a photo or two and there is a stream that can be walked, so lots of great photos to be had. I'll have to go for some practice walks and see what can be fit in to a 1 1/2 hour stroll. Although, I think I'll mention to the guy who organized this tour, in case he wants to do different areas each year. lol :-)

I couldn't sign up. I'm going to Ocean City Maryland that day to see DD dance in Nationals. Have to wait till next year again.

Julie, it's too bad that you can't make it to a walk, but see your DD dance will be a most wonderful thing. Perhaps next year, nothing else will get booked on the 24th, so that you can go on a photo walk. Have a great time at the Nationals! :-)

There are several in my area - Washington D.C.- but on the, what is it, 24th of July, it will be just too hot for me to get out - not only the heat, but the air quality is horrible at the end of July here. Wish they would have one in the fall!

Good luck to all of you who are going to join in. I sure did enjoy looking at the photos from last year!

I just signed up for the Forest Park walk in St. Louis. I will be playing with my new camera from now until then and hopefully I will know it better then. Karen

That should be a great walk! I'm debating about signing up for it too.

• 2 weeks later...

i am all signed up for the walk today... i signed up for coney island...but it is going to be over 95 degrees with wicked humidity and i am pooped from visiting my dad and talking all week to dr etc...so i am very disappointed but think i am making a good choice to skip it today.... i am promising myself that i will do it on my own...coney island should be a fascinating place to do photos and i havent been there for years

have fun to all those participating and i look forward to hearing all about it on this mb and seeing all your photos from the different places....

Archived