Downloaded Patterns

Guest katykins

Guest katykins

Yesterday I downloaded some patterns to photoshop 7 but don't know how to use them or where to find others in this program if you could help me please, have managed to loose my 'idiots guide to photoshop 7' so a rough idea would help a lot thanks

I'm a PSE user on a Mac. I don't think I can be of much help. In PSE they are in the Preset folder near my Styles folder. Have you tried the Help in Photoshop? Sometimes that can be useful (sometimes...). Someone will be by soon who knows PS7.

Hope you can get it figured out.

Katy, there's probably another way to do this (or two,) but in PS 7, double-click the layer in the layers palette (not on the Name of the layer, but in the blank space). On the layer styles dialog, look down the left side to Pattern Overlay and click on it. Click the tiny dropdown arrow next to the pattern, and then the tiny right-pointing arrow in a circle. Choose "Load Patterns..." or "Preset Manager..." and then Load...

At this point you can navigate to wherever you saved your patterns, for instance, My Documents/Scrapgirls/Patterns and choose them. You will be able to replace the existing patterns or Append. I'm sure there are some other methods, but this will work.

Guest katykins

Katy, there's probably another way to do this (or two,) but in PS 7, double-click the layer in the layers palette (not on the Name of the layer, but in the blank space). On the layer styles dialog, look down the left side to Pattern Overlay and click on it. Click the tiny dropdown arrow next to the pattern, and then the tiny right-pointing arrow in a circle. Choose "Load Patterns..." or "Preset Manager..." and then Load...

At this point you can navigate to wherever you saved your patterns, for instance, My Documents/Scrapgirls/Patterns and choose them. You will be able to replace the existing patterns or Append. I'm sure there are some other methods, but this will work.

Thank you for your help have found that if I click on the preset palette and then click on paint bucket tool. Then there is a box on the top of the page which the patterns drop down. Hope this helps someone else

Archived