Fun Friday! Just A Little Game With A Prize ($25 Gc)

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since it's so scorching hot here in Florida in the Summer I tend to stay indoors during the heat of the day if possible but in the early evenings just before dark I love to go for a nice bike ride with my husband and always have ready for our return a pitcher of Sweet Iced Tea.

I'm in the mood to have some fun and so I decided to start a game. The rules are very simple.

1. Answer this question by replying to this post: What is your favorite summer-time activity?

2. Entries must be posted before Midnight, Monday, July 19, 2010.

3. One entry per person.

The winner will be chosen with the aid of a random number generator and will be posted on Tuesday.

Good luck!

My favorite summertime activity is to be in a cottage on a lake ! Swimming, hiking, reading, campfires, etc.

Thanks for the chance to win!!

Guest pattyp

My very favorite summer activity has always been going to the beach. Now that I am older and cannot stay out in the sun so much I have turned to more quiet activities such as sitting on my sunporch and watching the wildlife or reading a book or knitting. I also love to travel when we can. Next month we will be visiting the Grand Canyon and other canyons in the vicinity and end up in Las Vegas. Who knows? That may become my favorite summer activity, LOL.

What is your favorite summer-time activity?

My favorite summer-time activity is to take a big bowl of ice cream (chocolate ice cream with warm chocolate sauce & whipped cream) out to the patio with my laptop where I can enjoy the sundae while practicing the digi-scrapping that I've learned from ScrapGirls. It's a perfect "me" time activity. The only drawback is that I've yet to find 100% fat free ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. If I found those...well, life would just be perfect.

Robin

I get to take my DS back to my home state to see my family for a month or so each summer. So my favorite thing to do is get the whole family together at one time - there's 17 of us - to go boating/swimming/skiing/camping for a weekend.

My favorite summertime activity is going to the river or lake for some swimming and splashing with my kids and friends.

And wow, Ro, what a great way to get a lot of new people to post! So many new names here! :)

My favorite summertime activity is turtle watching. I live on the ocean and am fortunate enough to be in a place where many female sea turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. About two months after the eggs are laid, if you're lucky, you get to see the little hatchlings scamper into the ocean. Very exciting to see new life beginning, especially after the oil spill.

My favorite summertime activity is taking my grandson (age 2-1/2) to the zoo. We have a membership, so we can go for free and go often. We see all of the animals (as many as we can). He loves the Orangutans and the Penguins because he can walk up to the glass and they come right up to it. We have lunch, and get an Elephant Ear for dessert (love when he gets all messy). Then we take the zoo train that goes through the zoo and up the mountain to Washington Park. Makes for a great fun-filled day! And there is nothing better than a day spend with the grandson!

Oh, I'm thinking you live close to me! Thursdays were "zoo day" in the summer when my kids were little. Still have the pass. :)

I like to spend time with my family and friends OUTSIDE!! Especially enjoyable is a trip to the family ranch where we have no TV, telephone or newpaper, but plenty of sunshine, hiking, quiet time, memories and a creek that entertains for hours.

Guest cindyeaster

Fun game!!

My favorite summer activity is playing with my grandchildren in our backyard. They love coming to Grandma's house to play in the sandbox and the pool ... a treat for them, because they live in an apartment complex and their parents don't have room to set these things up for them. I love listening to their conversations with each other the best!

My favorite summer activity is to be inside with grandchildren (who are not in school in summer) and do paper crafts of some kind. Too hot in Houston to be outside!

My favorite activity is time with family. Whether it be a real vacation where we get to go someplace we've never been or if it's a stay at home vacation where we have fun together in our own little town, fun times with family top my list of favorites!

I love the Summer & feel the best when it is hot & humid.Living in the mid-west we get some brutal Winters!My favorite Summer-time activity is to get up as soon as day breaks,grab my camera equimpent,coffee & head out to a natural wetlands park not to far from our home.It is so peacful there & the wildlife is incredible.I have some great shots of eagles,owls,deer.I also enjoy doing yoga with nature.My idea of a perfect start to any day! :daisy:

I've never had much luck winning contests but this one seems fun enough that it doesn't matter if I win the gift certificate or not. I'll still be a winner for having got to read everyone elses answers and share parts of their lives with me.

My favorite summer time activity is traveling. I especially like to go to historical places. I am raising my 14 year old grandson and everytime we take him someplace that involves history it not only makes memories but he learns. Every time he looks in his scrap book he remembers things about that day and the events that took place in history. Every time he thinks about that particualar place he recalls something that he learned at school about it so he keeps his mind fresh, alert and involved in the history of our country and our forefathers. We always try to mix a little fun spot along our trips just so he gets a break and those make great scrap book pages as well.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your day.

Shykitty

My favorite summer activity is gardening with my family. The time we spend out there watching the fruits and vegetables grow transforms me back to the days of my childhood. I love being out there pulling up weeds and watering all those wonderful plants. It is a wondrous place that takes away the stress of the day.

My favorite summer activity:

Dinner on the patio and a good bottle of wine, with all the family over and the grandkids roasting marshmallows over the fire pit. Singing songs and telling jokes until dark!

Archived