Fun Friday! Just A Little Game With A Prize ($25 Gc)

ScrapGirlsRo

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favorite summer time activity is going up to the family farm every June to help harvest the 1800 acres of wheat. It's such a different lifstyle form what I live all through the year (city girl) that it's a welcome change in our lives to go up to the farm and dive into the country life for 7-10 days! Definitely gives you a different perspective on life.

My favorite summer time activity is being out in the sun relaxing and enjoying the warm weather.

I'm in the mood to have some fun and so I decided to start a game. The rules are very simple.

1. Answer this question by replying to this post: What is your favorite summer-time activity?

2. Entries must be posted before Midnight, Monday, July 19, 2010.

3. One entry per person.

The winner will be chosen with the aid of a random number generator and will be posted on Tuesday.

Good luck!

I love to be out at my parents house on the lake. It's always a family reunion up there in the summers. Everyone watches the boats, swims, plays in the sandbox, runs around playing games. We usually go tubing and skiing at least once or twice a day, and we usually end the day with smores by the fire... always a great day!

My favorite summertime activity is going to the Muny Opera, the large outdoor theater here in St. Louis, and seeing a variety of musicals! I go every Wednesday for the 7-week summer season with my mom, grandma, aunts, and cousins - a girls' night out!

Thanks for the game Ro - very generous prize! Good luck to everyone :)

I'm in the mood to have some fun and so I decided to start a game. The rules are very simple.

1. Answer this question by replying to this post: What is your favorite summer-time activity?

3. One entry per person.

The winner will be chosen with the aid of a random number generator and will be posted on Tuesday.

Good luck!

I love to go to car shows and take pictures of our car and our friends cars and use them for my digital scrapbooks. I also make thank you cards for the sponsors of the trophys we win.

If there's a way to combine scrapbooking with anything else going on in my life - you can bet I'll find it.

3. One entry per person.

Good luck!

This is the first time I have written any comment here so I hope this works...for a special treat from Ro I will try something new! :-P My favorite activity for summer is camping with my family. We have a tent trailer so it's not the down and dirty kind but I love to get away from all the hustle and bustle of the world for awhile and relax without worrying about everything that needs to be done. Thanks for the fun question Ro!

This would be funny if it were not so sad. I started to say that I don't have a favorite summertime activity when I remembered reading. The Summers in Orlando are so hot that you can't think. Even though we live near Disney World, we don't go in the Summer. Summer days after 11AM are gruesome. It doesn't cool down until after sun-down. So I spend the few days I get to stay home reading and enjoying the air conditioning. This is our winter. I literally become a shut-in; going out just long enough to get to the air conditioned car to go somewhere that is also air conditioned. It reminds me very much of the two winters I spent in Minot North Dakota, in reverse. Thank goodness Summers in Orlando are not as long as Winters in Minot.

Ritta in Sunny Orlando

Wow look at all these new Scrapgirls...welcome everyone!

My favourite summer activity would have to be a dawn walk on the beach...love watching the sunrise at the beach (of course its winter here at the moment but I am holding out...come on summer!)

Sleeping in because I don't have to take the kids to school! (and no homework is a GREAT bonus!)

My favorite summer activity is enjoying the warmth of the sun, feeling the cool breezes, hearing the distant thunder rolling in to bring refreshing rain, and seeing the beauty of a rainbow. (I photographed a double rainbow a couple of days ago. AWESOME!) ....and visiting my grandchildren to see the world through their eyes.

My favourite summer time activity is beachcombing.

It doesn't matter what the weather is like, it doesn't stop me searching the beach for treasure.

It could be a feather, some fragments of fishermen's net, a seed pod, some driftwood, or a shell.

What I'm really on the look out for though are heart shaped stones and my absolute favourite - sea glass.

A heart shaped piece of sea glass would have to be the ultimate treasure!

My front garden is landscaped to be like a beach and there my treasures find a new home.

3. One entry per person.

Good luck!

I love spending a leisure week or so at Lake Tahoe with my family or friends and taking lots of pics. It's so beautiful and there are many things to do lakeside or locally.

First I want to thank everyone for playing along..it was fun reading through everyone's comments.

The winner has been chosen by a random number generator. The winner is rnnurse65. Keep your eyes out on your inbox, you'll be receiving your gift certificate soon.

Archived